Thoughtful, friendly, natural, reassuring.
• Richard Green is registered with Voice123 since Feb 17, 2012.
• Richard Green started his/her voice over career in 1977.
• Currently Richard Green is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Richard Green was last active on Voice123 249 days ago
When I worked in commercial radio, they regularly played my "EBS Alert Test" announcement, and one day a listener called in to say, "that's the voice I want to hear before the bombs start dropping." I think he meant to say I was very natural and calming, even in the most dire circumstances.
Elsewhere, a national analyst for public radio (Peter Dominowsky) said I had an "excellent" sound for the local NPR affiliate, where I worked at the time.
In my acting years, one critic (Mark Bretz of the former St. Louis Globe-Democrat) called my voice "magnificent." (This was in a review for the famous British farce, "The Importance of Being Earnest," though of course stage delivery can be very different from studio delivery.)
Currently I regularly appear on KDHX-88.1 FM reading "underwriting announcements" and arts and events calendars.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I do a very good Obi Wan Kenobi (Alec Guiness), and a good generic British accent, an average Ronald Reagan. I studied Russian in high school and college, so that's not too challenging. A very big, ceremonial "awards" voice.
My Voice Experience
KDHX underwriting announcements and arts and events calendars.
Maryville University continuing education TV spot
Narrator, Christmas concert, Shrine of Our Lady of the Snows in nearby Belleville, IL.
Narrator, "Arts for Life" awards ceremony (big "awards" voice)
Various training v-o's
Studied Speech-Communications in Saint Louis, at UMSL; worked at KWMU-FM 90.7 and KCFM 97.1 in St. Louis; appeared on stage in 60 plays, studied singing for 7 years at Webster University's continuing education center.
My Studio Equipment
PreSonus Studio One 2 Artist (Full Version Download)
Blue Microphones Spark
PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL
Copy writing, in my years working at the family business, a home furnishings store, 15,000 sq. ft.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Richard Green by email or phone, please click here.