Characters, Impressions, Cultural Accents/Dialects
Extremely versatile tenor/baritone male voice actor.
Audio broadcast "sounds like" age range of 25 to 65.
Standard broadcast (un-affected voice), accents, commentary, humor, dramatic/serious interpretations, numerous international dialects, numerous celebrity impersonations, assorted societal cultural influences, cartoonish fun character interpretations, informative PSA/radio on-air broadcast styles.
Additionally, experienced motivational speaker, media affairs spokesperson, also military lingo and past experience.
EXPERIENCED SCRIPT AUTHORINGS-
Spot, jingles, psa's, radio commercial advertising commercial, project advisement and colaboration.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
* Cowboy/Southern Red-Neck
* Italian/Mafia Boss
* Funny Drunk / Dramatic/tearful alcoholic
* East Coast/New Yorker/New Jersey (East Coast Hustler)
* New York Jew
* Flamboyant/Gay Homosexual (swish, femme, mary, butch)
* Hispanic Low Rider
* Asian (Siamese Thai- method immersion for past role)
* California laid-back surfer
* French (Central/Parisian, but not Southern)
UNITED KINGDOM (Lived in UK for 3 years, immersion/study)
* Irish Man
* British/English aristocrat, Cockney, Liverpool.
SLAVIC (Lived in Yugoslavia 9 months, immersion/study)
* Rocky & Bullwinkle
* Marlon Brando's Godfather Mafia Don
* Paul Linde
* Peter Sellars (numerous incantations)
* Arnold Schwartzenegger
* Bill Clinton
* George W. Bush
* Jerry Seinfeld
* Jimmy Stewart
* Ringo Starr
* Ronald Reagan
* Sammy Davis, Jr.
* Sean Connery
* Ted Kennedy
My Voice Experience
Screen acting, teaching, Theatre acting, motivational speaking in support of my 2006 book (see below), radio PSA's, commercial sales authoring, stand up comedy and dialogue commentary, numerous public speaking/presentations throughout my 25 year career in public service. Below are listed some of my highlights. thanks for stopping by and looking. Have a project? Let's talk; it's the best way to get to know someone.
* BIONEERS “MOVING IMAGE” FILM FESTIVAL; FILM PRESENTER / DISCUSSION CHAIR. SAN RAFAEL, CA October 2011
* San Jose MEPS Human Resources interviewer, public affairs coordinator/Announcer/speaker. (2008-2010)
* Onizuka AFB Sunnyvale Public Safety (Briefer, announcer) (2007-2008)
* Various Radio/internet PSA's, THREE DOVES MEDIA PRODUCTIONS, Brentwood, CA (2007-Present)
* Empire Broadcasting (KRTY, KLIV radio stations)- Commercial sales author/representative. (2007)
* Published Author/Motivational Speaker "THE CONFESSIONS OF A JILTED SUPERSTAR IN HIS MANY CONVERSATIONS WITH GOD"; Authorhouse Publishing, Bloomington, IN (2006)
* Independent corporate trainer, Hunam resources, public relations, Stand-up Comedian.
* WHITE PAPER/LECTURE PRESENTATION: 'INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY AND THREAT ASSESSMENT.'
Submitted To- COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF LOCAL AFFAIRS FOR COUNTER-TERRORISM PLANNING OFFICER CANDIDACY. (2000)
* 375th SFS Media Affairs Specialist, Scott Air Force base, U.S. Air Force 1997-1999 (PR spokesperson, speaker, etc.)
* WHITE PAPER/LECTURE PRESENTATION: 'MANUAL GUIDANCE FOR PRISONERS; DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE';
Submitted To- 375th SFS/SFO. SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE; BELLEVILLE, IL, USA (1999)
* WHITE PAPER/LECTURE PRESENTATION: 'FIELD SOBRIETY TEST PROPOSAL'; Submitted To- SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, 375TH SFS/SFO, DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE; BELLEVILLE, IL, USA (1998)
* WHITE PAPER/PROPOSAL: 'RADIO RESPONSE CODES PROPOSAL; DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE; SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, 375th SFS/SFO; BELLEVILLE, IL, USA (1998)
* WHITE PAPER/LECTURE PRESENTATION: 'SELECTIVE RE-INFORCEMENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM - COMMUNITY POLICING/RESOURCE PROTECTION' (SRVP) COMMUNITY POLICING PROPOSAL; DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE; 100th SPS/SPO.; R.A.F. MILDENHALL, United Kingdon (1997)
* WHITE PAPER/LECTURE PRESENTATION: 'ARMORY PROCEDURAL GUIDANCE MANUAL'; DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE. RIYADH AIR BASE, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA 4409th SPS (PROVISIONAL) WEAPONS & MUNITIONS PROCEDURAL GUIDANCE MANUAL. (1995)
* Public Relations spokesman BAY AREA MODERN MUSIC CONNECTION, 1989-1994.
* Frontman/Lead singer for 'DETSKY MIR' (toured with DEVO in 1990's)
* San Jose/Cleveland Ballet (Sister-City Arts Co-Operative Venture); San Jose, CA Public Marketing representative. 1990 - 1991
* STRAY MAGAZINE, INC. - STAFF COLUMNIST/REPORTER/STAFF ARTIST SAN JOSE, CA US (1989 - 1990)
* Opera San Jose; San Jose, CA Public Marketing representative. 1989 - 1990
* San Jose Symphony Orchestra; San Jose, CA Public Marketing Representative. 1986-1990
* SELF STUDY- Sanford Meisner immersion reference study Theatre Actinbg Maestro. (1999 - Present)
* San Jose State University, Bachelor's of Arts; Music Performance, San Jose, California, 1991
Relevant Fields of University Study: Music Composition, Vocal Techniques, University Chorus, Concert Choir, Opera San Jose, Musical Theatre techniques, Music Theory, Piano, Marching Band, Symphonic Band, Symphonic Orchestra, Afro-Brazilian Percussion, Jazz history & theory, brass ensemble, trumpet performance. Classical history 1750 to present.
* Kinsella Theatre Group, Brentwood, CA, Acting, Musical Theater, Stage Presence, Steve Kinsella, 2010
* Vagabond Players, Antioch, CA, Acting, Musical Theater, Stage Presence, Sharon Redman
* San Jose State Sword & Fencing, San Jose, CA, Fencing (foil, epee, sabre), Peter Buschard, 1991
two years of fencing and sword techniques
* DeAnza Karate, Cupertino, CA, KARATE: Shoto-Kahn, Kempo, Serenji-Ru , Sensi Isao Wada, 1994
Six Years of Karate Stage Combat etc.
My Studio Equipment
Shure Mictophones, Sennheiser Microphones, Isolated sound booth, pre-mixing computers, software, effects,
Easy/Immediate access to ProTools Final mix studio.
All formats deliverable WAV, mp3, mp4, mov.... Whatever you need, really, since my personal sound engineer has a full studio... Just ask.
My Most recent press release for your review and consideration, submitted you may gain a 'broader insight' into the motivation behind my driving creativity.
Again, thanks for stopping by. Let's talk.
reid martin basso
actor . author . announcer . public speaker .
SAN FRANCISCO, CA –
For over twenty years, actor, author and social commentator Reid Martin Basso has actively championed for causes personal to him, with little regard for “political correctness.” Specifically, Reid Martin Basso advocates on behalf of Society's forgotten individuals diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - particularly disabled veterans, champions for the mentally ill homeless community, and mentors at-risk children afflicted with both Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
A staunch believer solely in logical conclusions and practical reasoning, Basso believes that Life's balance is achieved when we accept that, in time, all of Life's circumstances ultimately combine for valid cause. As such, we are not lead in Life, nor do we charter a destiny of our own choosing. Rather, both individual and collective balance alike is achieved when Humanity's five diverse houses - Love, Spirituality, Politics, Nature and Time - all ultimately infuse and human beings motivate into being human.
To Basso, nothing is sacred: not sex or love, not religion, money or death and certainly not politics. Armed with a collective of worldwide eccentricities, which he crafts as “structured bohemian perspectives” Basso evaluates the ebb and flow of Western society through many interpretations of America's 21st Century socio-political spectrum. In his celebrating of Life, Basso maintains a faithful allegiance, a due diligence to The Chaos Theory, to Bohemianism, to Hedonism in his quest to creatively Take Ownership over Life's aspects which would otherwise hold a person down.
“All things happen for a reason. Remaining true to self means savoring and celebrating Life's collective successes and failures alike,” Basso confides. “ I often step from bad dreams, to find myself awash in others. As such, I celebrate the fact that our pathway to wisdom, to maturity, is cobbled with Humanity's assorted failures and embarrassing errors.”
It is a pathway that Basso, “social deviant” in his own right knows well. In his 2006 autobiography, The Confessions Of A Jilted Superstar, In His Many Conversations With God (AuthorHouse), Basso spoke candidly about how finding himself meant having to lose all convention and begin again.
Jilted Superstar is part eloquent, engaging memoir and part scathing, satiric, social commentary. Traversing through Life as both a friend to those who listen, and enemy still to a collective few, Basso leaves no subject unmolested as he rifles through a series of educated rants without regard for political correctness or proper etiquette. Sexual addiction, homelessness, alcoholism, hedonism, birth, death, love, revenge and, of course, defining the meaning of life are but a few of the topics upon which Basso routinely unleashes the fury of his unfiltered thoughts.
An eloquent, introspective memoir that explores the depths of a man’s soul and the soul of Western civilization, The Confessions Of A Jilted Superstar, In His Many Conversations With God, is currently being repenned for both a theatre application, and a screen adaptation.
Believing personally that all Life is intertwined, and that all of Life's experiences happen by purposeful design, Basso passionately heralds that there are rarely just “two sides” to any issue, but rather, many sides. Now slightly better adjusted to the outside world, Reid Martin Basso, (1967 – Present), resides in San Francisco, acting, writing and publically lending his voice of support to raise awareness of societial and environmental causes personal to him.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Reid Martin Basso by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Reid Martin Basso is a Standard subscriber.
Reid Martin Basso does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Reid Martin Basso was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Reid Martin Basso does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Reid Martin Basso was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.