Warm, friendly, authoritative, lower resonance
• Phyllis Hamlin is registered with Voice123 since Feb 08, 2006.
• Phyllis Hamlin started his/her voice over career in 1982.
• Currently Phyllis Hamlin is a Premium subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 2
• Phyllis Hamlin was last active on Voice123 12 days ago
I have a lower timbre and resonance to my voice quality and acting. It is warm and authoritative for corporate clients and friendly and sincere for commercials. Because of my comedy background, I am easily able to convey a character's sense of fun and playfulness.
On stage, I have performed East European, British, Southern and Chinese accents. I am also an alto singer and have written several song parodies for clients.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern, Chinese, East European, German
My Voice Experience
I have over 20 years experience as a voice over talent. I have worked as a voice actor for an array of steady and diverse clients, that include the Lifetime Network, Pioneer, Good Neighbor Pharmacy, the Recycler, La Costa Spa and Resort, the Hotel Del Coronado, The Success Store, Mervyn's, Biolucid, Jafra Cosmetics International,the Oxygen Network, and promos for CBS radio. I have provided voice over services to Smart Reply for voice mail greetings and voicemail message recordings. I have also been hired as a voice actor in several radio plays. Currently, I am with DPN Talent in Beverly Hills, (310)432-7800, and The Stars Agency in San Francisco (415) 421-6272.
Shortly after starting my acting career at the American Conservatory Theatre in San Francisco, I was fortunate to study voice overs with Joan Kenley, the current voice of SBC/ATT voicemail messages. In Los Angeles, I have studied with Jeff Howell of World Wide Wadio.
My studies in the craft of acting, stand up comedy and singing, as well as my writing background have, I think, enhanced my vocal repetoire, range and ability to convey nuance and sincerity with my characters.
My Studio Equipment
Protools and MBox and a sennheiser 416 microphone.
I graduated at the top of my Journalism class at the University of Nevada-Reno, where I was also selected Best Feature Writer. Clients have frequently utilized my writing skills in various projects, as well as my talents for singing, acting and stand up comedy.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Phyllis Hamlin by email or phone, please click here.