Warm, intelligent, conversational, engaging, real
• Nicola Barber is registered with Voice123 since Jul 26, 2006.
• Nicola Barber started his/her voice over career in 2001.
• Currently Nicola Barber is a Premium subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 2
• Nicola Barber has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours
I am an experienced British voice actor with an extremely versatile voice. I'm excellent at narration, industrials, and e-learning. I'm also experienced with video games, animation, telephone systems, and commercials. I enjoy an added challenge such as medical or technical copy.
I work quickly, take direction extremely well, and am intelligent and personable.
I was just nominated for two 2013 Audie Awards!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian / NZ
• English - British
• English - South African
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
New York, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I am proficient at all British dialects including posh, cockney, Liverpudlian, Scottish, and Irish.
I also have flawless Australian and American accents (including regional dialects such as southern and New York/Long Island), and I do a great Icelandic accent too!
My Voice Experience
Recent voice over work includes:
Subway national radio commercial
UPS TV Commercial
MTV Promo - national TV
Promo for the NBA
~ Played live at the All-Star Game in February
Heinz Ketchup video promo
Align TV Commercial
~Australian accent, for national distribution in Australia
International Telephone System
~Over 1,200 prompts for Mobivox
ESL for MacMillan, Berlitz, others
Watson Wyatt E-Learning Course
Goldman Sachs E-Learning Course
Singulair TV Commercial
Princess Bride Video Game Commercial
~Creative Media Design
Oreo Cookie Industrial
Voice of "Shadow"
in "Bear In The Big Blue House" National Tour
~Jim Henson Productions
I hold a Bachelor's degree in theater arts & cultural studies (double major) from UNC-Chapel Hill. I have trained with professional voice coaches since 2001, and have taken classes at the London Acadamy of Dramatic Art. Additional training at TVI Actor's Studio and T.Shrieber Studio in New York. Currently I train with Marla Kirban (commercial) and Paul Ruben (audiobook narration) in New York City.
I have been recording voiceovers since 2001.
My Studio Equipment
Rode NTG-2 with Pop Screen
Edirol UA-25EX Interface with Preamp
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones
Verbatim External Hardrive
I am friendly, focused, professional, and extremely efficient. Usually I deliver files within 24 hours of receiving the script. I can record on-site in the New York area or send files anywhere that the internet reaches!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Nicola Barber by email or phone, please click here.