trustworthy, conversational, wise, confident
My voice is full, deep, round, clear and well-inflected with no heavy accent. My diction and enunciation are as close to pristine BBC Newscaster English as you can get without a British accent. I sight-read quickly and have a great sense of tempo and pacing. Big words and obscure technical terms with lots of syllables are no obstacle!
All reviews of my audiobook recordings on the Internet Archive are glowingly positive. Here are some samples of what reviewers have said about my reading of Jane Austen's 'Persuasion':
Slyc - Subject: Beautiful indeed. "Moira Fogarty reads the book so beautifully; subtle and distinct at the same time. I loved it."
Sonita - Subject: Mesmerizing. "Moira Fogarty makes her characters come alive. At times I thought it was Miss Elliot herself reading her story to me!"
Read Bird - Subject: Wonderful Reading. "Ms. Fogarty's reading is a listening delight! Perfect, clear excellently enunciated and recorded! Really shines in narrative text between dialog portions, which is difficult for many audio readers to accomplish. A great gift to her listeners!"
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Ontario, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
My voice suits: documentary voice-overs, business documentation videos, radio stories, historical audiobooks, well-heeled characters, contemporary urban tales and children's stories.
My Voice Experience
I have recorded voice-overs for screen capture tutorial videos used by the Ontario government's Cabinet Office. I not only recorded and edited my audio track, but also edited the script to ensure a "plain language" approach to IT training documentation and pacing my delivery to match the speed of the video tutorial.
I have done audio editing, transcription and compression for speeches and sound clips recorded by the Attorney General of Ontario.
I record public domain audiobooks for LibriVox, including full-length solo projects such as Jane Austen's 'Persuasion', Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' and John Milton's 'Areopagitica'.
I am currently working on recordings of Austen's 'Emma', Susanna Moodie's 'Roughing It In the Bush' and Murasaki Shikibu's Japanese novel, 'Genji Monogatari'.
I have worked on several Collaborative Projects, recording chapters to contribute to recordings of the works of Charlotte Bronte, Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy, Homer, Rudyard Kipling and William Shakespeare.
I trained with a voice coach for several years
I have lived in Toronto, Ontario since 1997. I attended the University of Toronto and completed my Hons. B.A. and M.A. in English Literature.
I also took motorcycle and glassworking lessons at Sheridan College in Oakville, and Macromedia Suite 8 web design at Ryerson in Toronto.
I have worked for the Province of Ontario for about 7 years doing communications work, audio editing, recording training videos and writing for Topical (the Ontario Public Service internal newspaper), and am currently involved with new media planning for Cabinet Office.
My Studio Equipment
- For recording, I use a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 digital USB headset. High-quality digital sound ensures superior reliability and clarity, built-in noise-cancelling unidirectional microphone with 180-degree movement automatically picks up my voice with remarkable clarity.
- For editing, I have a MacBook Pro.
- I know there are fancier products out there, but I like working with the classics: Audacity for single-track and GarageBand for multi-track recordings.
I can program in HTML and work in the IT and social media industry, so am familiar with several types of coding languages and databases. I have worked in libraries and am a very organized, detail-oriented person. I don't do sloppy work and I set aside time for each audio project, to make sure I'm doing it right.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Moira Fogarty by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Moira Fogarty is a Standard subscriber.
• Moira Fogarty was last active on Voice123 182 days ago