Serious, commanding, narration, offbeat, soothing
Voice is excellent for vacation promos, beauty promos. It can also be utilized for serious and commanding commentary for narrations, documentaries, etc. Additionally, I have acting training, as demonstrated on my demo, and can be lighthearted and fun for different types of projects.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have a backround in French speaking, and can read French copy with relative ease.
My Voice Experience
Prior to recording a professional demo, I auditioned for, and was picked for a company voice over video promotional ad earlier this year. During the audition, the ad agency sound engineers commented on my voice, and my "copy read", and stated that I should look into doing voice over professionally.
PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
• Actor's Training: The Artistic Home, Chicago, IL 2006.
• Auditioned for and signed release (3/16/2011) for voice of "Cindy" for voice over part in Legacy promotional video.
• Private training with The Voice Over Studio Chicago, March 21, 2011-May 2011
WORK EXPERIENCE RELATED SPEAKING ACTIVITY:
• Leader, Benicar Public Aid Task Force, conducting weekly conference calls with 9 managers and 17 representatives, Forest Pharmaceuticals, 2003.
• Divisional Field Sales Trainer, leading product training and sales development workshops for Washington, D.C. division and region on a monthly basis, Forest Pharmaceuticals, 2001-2002
• Interpreting, summarizing, and training firm’s major client on the implementation of Pennsylvania Property Acts for client’s core business functions (speaking in front and training at least 50 adjusters for this purpose), while attorney at Rosenberg & Fenchel, 1996-1997
• Represent clients in Court Motions, Arbitrations, Negotiations through Litigation 1996-1998 Rosenberg & Fenchel, Jones Gregg Creehan & Gerace, Pgh, PA and 2008-current, Chicago, IL, solo
Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA Juris Doctor, 1995, Q.P.A.: 3.45
• Member of Duquesne University Law Review, based on first year academic performance
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA B.A. Pre-Law 1992, Minor: Business, G.P.A: 3.34
Poland Seminary High School, Poland, Ohio, Valedictorian, June 1988
• Member of Show Choir 1985-1988, performing several solos in Choir from 1983-1988
• Participated in Ohio Statewide French pronunciation and speaking contest for French non-native speakers, December, 1987, as a representative of the Mahoning Valley private and public school systems.
My Studio Equipment
Yeti THX USB microphone and audacity software
Please see above, skills from Litigation and sales experience.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Melissa Gorgei by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Melissa Gorgei is a Standard subscriber.
• Melissa Gorgei was last active on Voice123 219 days ago