Big, Deep, Authorative, Professional, Liners/Imaging, Movie Trailers
BIG, DEEP, throaty and unmistakable timbre for any project, loud and proud for high energy commercials, rich and smooth for narration/other, crisp and clean for instructional/etc. Always being compared to either Don LaFontaine or "that homeless guy"...obviously the latter is less flattering
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Female
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
St. Louis, MO, Missouri, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Sam Elliott, Morgan Freeman, David Attenborough, Don LaFontaine, British, Irish, African, Southern US, East Coast US, California/Surfer
My Voice Experience
Over two decades of Programming and Production management positions throughout radio career working for stations and groups that included Clear Channel & Entercom.
Nearly two decades of voice acting and voice over work for hundreds if not thousands of clients nationwide.
Constantly continuing education through vocal coaching, seminars and training.
Theater background as well.
College courses, Theater background, 22 years of on-air radio experience, nearly the same amount of time in voice-over, voice-acting and audio production. Training seminars throughout career.
My Studio Equipment
In-home rig is a mini-Mackie mixer, AKG, EV, AudioTechnica (and other) condensor/cardiod mics, analog tube preamp, hyped-up B&O sound card running Adobe Audition and ProTools. All housed in a sound-proof vocal booth & editing room.
Access to several studios locally as well that feature ISDN
References, model #s, spatial parameters of acoustic treatments all available on requests.
Bottom line: studio meets or exceeds all standards in the industry.
With theater/acting background as well as fast-paced, high-demand corporate work in radio, MJ offers the ability to truly voice act as well as read effective copy & script under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact MJ Benz by email or phone, please click here.
Read MJ Benz contributions to the .
• Currently MJ Benz is a Standard subscriber.
• MJ Benz has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours