Respectable, warm, authoritative friend
• Michael Smith is registered with Voice123 since May 24, 2011.
Michael Smith does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Michael Smith was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Michael Smith started his/her voice over career in 1993.
• Currently Michael Smith is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Michael Smith does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Michael Smith was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Warm, smooth, professional, educated. A respectable, authoritative friend.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Dallas, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Neutral American English
East Texas and West Texas
South African (Boer)
Upper-class (south) England
My Voice Experience
My first voice job was announcing batters at my Little League field in Bellaire, Texas. For that I was paid with a paper cup of Coke (large) with that pellet ice that was so easy to chew.
As a newspaper editor, I was drafted by a public TV station to co-host their on-air fundraiser. I quickly found my niche as the only host able to pronounce the French wines up for auction.
As an aviation employee, I supplied the voice of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards (frequent-flyer program VRU) for 14 years.
Simultaneously, I narrated the company's presentations and training videos.
Eventually, spouses and friends of co-workers recruited me to record their corporate VRUs.
In college, I interned at KPRC-TV's Austin news bureau, where I learned how to inflect, and how to work with studio equipment so as to sound like a news reporter or newscaster.
I took a voice class at the university, improving breath control and diction.
Recently, my gift for projection and comic timing won me a role as writer, collaborator, and actor in a stage show comprising one-minute plays.
My Studio Equipment
At home, I use Sonar LE on a PC with a Samson condenser USB mic.
I can also occasionally use a professional studio at no cost.
I always read in front of a mirror so I can put the right facial expression into the words.
For a significant project, I may be able to travel to your studio.
With 20 years' experience in financial services, airline training, advocacy, advertising, and marketing, I can speak to people's wants as well as their needs.
I'm a fearless public speaker who's addressed audiences from 5 to 1,000.
I've debated advocates and attorneys, taking unscripted questions as our subject matter.
I'm also a ghostwriter who can turn another's voice into text that "sounds" like the speaker.
I always read standing up, with knees flexed, to sound more grounded. Plus I have a big ol' head that resonates like a ripe melon.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Michael Smith by email or phone, please click here.