Offbeat, Character Specialist
• Michael Downey is registered with Voice123 since May 14, 2008.
Michael Downey does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Michael Downey was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Michael Downey started his/her voice over career in 2000.
• Currently Michael Downey is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Michael Downey does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Michael Downey was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
My natural tone is a mid-range clear baritone (guy next door). I can also create a range of characters (from zany to dramatic) for your project. If you aren't sure what you need I can give you as many options as you want. I take direction well but bring solid work to the table.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Australian, Mid-Western American, Spanish, New York City, French, Cockney, Boston, Down East New England, Standard British, German, American Southern, Italian, Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, Texan (the four variations), British North Country, Farsi, West Indian,Upper-Class New England,Yiddish, Russian, Arabic, Chicago, Irish.
My Voice Experience
I have done a large number of radio commercials in the Midwest since 1994. I also supplied the voice for a dozen Midwest phone systems in 2001.I was the voice of a few carnival rides in the Midwest in 2004.
I have been creating original characters since I was six years old (for improv, story telling, and my own amusement). I have a passion for VO work and a dive to continue working in this field.
Ball State University- 1997 BA Theatre Performance
IU Bloomington- B9 Certification (Speech and Theatre Education)
USC- 2009 MFA Acting
Training in Lessac, IPA, Rodenburg, Linklater.
Zach Hanks workshop in Columbia.
My Studio Equipment
Digi Max D-8 Pre-Amp, Sound Proofing, Adobe Audition Pro, Fostex Studio Monitors, AKG M 70 Headphones, MKL Mics, Pop Gaurd.
I have a large range of experience with character voice work. I am finishing up my masters of fine arts in acting at USC.
I have studied and am adept at using a large number/range of dialects.
I have a good deal of experience creating original characters and have twelve years professional improv experience. I work professionally and quickly.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Michael Downey by email or phone, please click here.