Storyteller, genuine, Londoner, BBC, warm, English, British, Irish, RP
Signed with Stars Agency & TGMD Talent Agency. Specializing in documentary narration. Clear, professional, warm voice, classless yet classy. Sense of authority and education, but also of sardonic humor. Energetic with a good sense of being on your side. Versatile, with impeccable diction and clarity. Facility for finding the emotion in every scenario and knowing how much to use it. Suitable for reassuring and informing. Quirky and musical. Natural storyteller with range of different accents, with dramatic and comic characters at my disposal. Announcer and host at Royal Festival Hall's Blitz Festival; Chief Caller at Greenwich Palace New Year celebrations. Nancy Wolfson trained. Multiple accents and characters, specializing in English posh, upper class, cockney, comic, imperious type roles. Also strong on Irish accents (Irish parents). Sample link to recent work:
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - Irish
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
ACCENTS - mainly British
* ENGLISH: RP, cockney, middle class, upper class, posh, generic, home counties, Yorkshire, west country, estuary.
* IRISH: north, south, east, west, Dublin, Belfast, Kerry, snob, country, educated, leprechaun, colleen, Irish mother.
* SCOTTISH & WELSH.
* EUROPEAN: French, Italian, Greek.
* AMERICAN: New York, generic, southern, west coast.
CHARACTERS: Duchess, dowager, queen, governess, snob, witch, classic, Downton Abbey, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, scullery maid, scrubber, beggar, servant, royal, teacher, nurse, mistress, crone, ghost, clairvoyant, spirit.
Particularly strong on comic characters, vulnerable and overbearing types. Also good on subtlety and the many strata of British society. Having worked as dance teacher, a bus driver and factory assembler, I speak with a range of voices from diverse and historical backgrounds and multiple sections of UK society. As a former newsreader on BBC radio and BBC TV for Schools presenter, I can be any persona in all authenticity!
Emily Blunt in Devil Wears Prada; Judi Dench as M.
My Voice Experience
Recent jobs include:
European Health Parliament, Video Productions Brussels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nw4f79WlY
Sustainable Mobility Business Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihbRtl-pxqs
Rise of the Empire trailer VO fundraiser: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1456548582/rise-of-the-empire-the-ultimate-star-wars-fan-film
Pearson English Language Learning Training Video
'Chicken Weebus' (Holy Cow), Hirsch Radio for Children
• ‘Goat Story' movie (Pumpkin Lady), Hirsch Film
• 'Wolfhound' movie (Healer), Hirsch Film
• 'I Saw a Movie' (as self), Hirsch Film
• ‘Brandon Corey Story’ movie (Narrator), Truth Seeker TV
• BBC Radio Suffolk, reporter and newsreader 2002
• BBC TV Music Makers for School 1996
• BBC World Service, presenter of Revolver program 2001
• GLR (Greater London Radio), presenter, Irish program 1996
• Official Barndance Announcer at Greenwich Palace 1997
• Dance instruction, Blitz, Royal Festival Hall 1997
• Announcer, South Bank dance festival 2000 & 2001
• Storytelling for Children at LA Irish Film Festival 2009
• Voice / dialect coach for actors 2004, Los Angeles;
• Master of Ceremonies Clore Studio, Royal Opera House 2000;
• Performer solo show LA, Chicago, Dublin, NY, Vancouver
* Voice over training with Nancy Wolfson / Braintracks Audio
* Broadcast Journalism, London College of Printing
* BBC Radio Suffolk, newsreading, features reporting
* BBC World Service, presenter 'Revolver'
* Greater London Radio, presenter, Irish show
* Improv / Character devt, Impro Theatre, Los Angeles
* Performing Arts, Middlesex University
* Teacher & Adjudicator, Irish Dancing Commission, Dublin
* Arts Designation in Teaching, LA Music Center
My Studio Equipment
Full access to professional studio with ISDN, Phone Patch & Source Connect and same day turnaround.
Also have Home Recording Studio - professionally soundproofed
Audio Technica AT2020 Large-Diaphragm Microphone with Pop Filter and Cable
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface
MS7701 Tripod Boom Microphone Stand
Sennheiser HD-280 PRO Headphones
Software: Audacity for recording & editing for Mac
Apple MacBook Pro 10.11.6
I use my voice on a daily basis, teaching dance and drama in schools for education bodies in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. I also teach literacy with movement and part of that is presenting written work to an audience. I coach students to project and annunciate.
As a writer, actor and former journalist, I am often asked to assist performers and business people in giving presentations.
A Londoner now living in Los Angeles, I have hung on to my natural accent and working as I do in the Irish Dance world (as an international adjudicator, choreographer, performer and teacher), I can speak with a variety of different Irish accents as well as British.
Although my theater training and strengths lie in comedy, I am impressive as an instructor and announcer at public events and narrating film, book and theater.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Maura Clerkin by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Maura Clerkin is a Premium subscriber.
• Maura Clerkin has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours