Narrator, Guy Next Door, Humorous, Offbeat
• Mark Stein is registered with Voice123 since Feb 04, 2012.
• Mark Stein started his/her voice over career in 1982.
• Currently Mark Stein is a Premium subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Mark Stein was last active on Voice123 48 days ago
My voice is a type of the "guy next door", but with a good bass quality. I also can put humor and comic timing into my voice. It's a good voice for narration or making a dry script seem very interesting.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
Houston, Texas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can do quite a few U.S. accents; Texan, Californian, New York, Georgian, Minnesotan.
I can do a great news anchor voice. (Serious or Funny)
I can do a sophisticated British accent or a Cockney.
I can do Irish, Scottish, Indian, Chinese accents.
Also, Canadien, eh?
Also, Mexican & Stoner!
I can do good impersonations of; Pee Wee Herman, Hulk Hogan, James Mason, Cpt. Jack Sparrow, The Beatles, The Dude, Cheech & Chong, Sean Connery.
My Voice Experience
My voice experience entails many student plays throughout high school and college. At Sam Houston State University in Texas, I was both a radio DJ and a sports reporter/anchor on television.
I can project my voice to be heard over crowds, and have been known to scare people with how loud I can make my voice!
But, narration and voicing over commercials is my specialty. I have done commmercials for KSHU radio in Huntsville Texas and was the voice for "The Shops at Sugar Creek" in Sugar Land Texas in the 90's.
I also voiced TV commercials for Atomic Comics and Legends Comics in Houston.
I can read any dry script and make it seem interesting to the listener. Really!
I have a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree from Sam Houston State University in Radio/Television/Film.
I have studied in Houston with Jim Conlan and Radio Works. I have taken two classes with Jim Conlan on Voice Overs and one with Bettye Zoller/Jim Conlan on Audiobooks.
I write for www.nfldraftdog.com about the Houston Texans and the NFL Draft, so I have writing experience.
I also wrote all my own scripts while doing television commercials for The Shops at Sugar Creek and Atomic Comics.
My Studio Equipment
At my home studio I have a Dell Pentium computer dedicated to only voice overs.
My mic is a USB multi pattern Yeti by Blue.
My editing software is Audacity 1.3 Beta.
My writing skills are almost as good as my voice. If your company is needing a hand writing that perfect script, let me lend a hand!
I work quickly and can get my audition for you back in a jiffy!
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Mark Stein by email or phone, please click here.