"You should be on the Radio!" Deep and Booming
• Mark Reed is registered with Voice123 since Mar 13, 2009.
Mark Reed does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Mark Reed was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Mark Reed started his/her voice over career in 2009.
• Currently Mark Reed is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Mark Reed does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Mark Reed was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Deep and warm. Loud. Strong. Clear. Smooth. Calming. Excitable. Rousing. Trace Adkins-like.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Westminster, Maryland, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I can do all kinds of voices. I can imitate some voices, but have not made it my focus to become great at any one. I can do Sean Connery. I pick up dialects quickly. I don't have any one specific voice perfected, as I am mostly improvisational in my behavior and only do it for fun. I can have the energy and the wackiness of Robin Williams.
My Voice Experience
I have no voice-over experience. I was the Master of Ceremonies for a High School presentation because the High School choir director was enamored with my voice, despite my being a jazz trumpet player and not in chorus. I have had so many people tell me that I should be on the radio that I am now attempting to do so. By current trade I am a Senior Software Engineer. It's difficult to conceive moving from such a lucrative career. However, I believe I would enjoy voice work, working in the media industry, or radio broadcasting much more.
I have an MES in CS from Loyola College of MD. I started my college career as a Music Performance major at Penn State. I switched to CS due to the fruitful job market.
My Studio Equipment
I have a Shure SM-58 that I plug into an X-Station 25 to interface with Pro Logic Express and Garage Band. I have used audio file editing software for years. I have used Acid, Goldwave, Audiowave, to name a few. I have been involved as an assistant Sound Engineer on a professional blues record. The setup involved recording an album in the artist's living room, using directional mics to eliminate bleed between the instrument tracks. The mics were powered by tube pre-amps that ran into a reel-to-reel to allow for natural, analog clipping, before being run into Pro Logic.
I am driven to this industry by the number of people (many of them strangers) that have consistently stated that I should be "on the radio". And while I am a well-educated, experienced Computer Scientist, I am a performer at heart.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
To contact Mark Reed by email or phone, please click here.