Announcer, baritone, gentle, authoritative, actor
• Mark Carey is registered with Voice123 since Apr 24, 2012.
• Mark Carey started his/her voice over career in 1991.
• Currently Mark Carey is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Mark Carey was last active on Voice123 286 days ago
I am an actor with a generous vocal character range. My voice is considered warm, smooth and baritone-like. It is able to provoke heartfelt emotion or become authoritative and commanding for narration and other projects. I can function as a radio/TV announcer, live emcee and/or deliver media presentations as well as a professional newscaster. Character driven to zany cartoon types as well.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Boston, New York and southern, accents. A few solid interpretations of some European dialects. British (Kings English or Cockney), Irish, French, etc... I have several cartoonish voices.
My Voice Experience
I have been a voice over artist for 20 years. I began my career in voice over work in radio. I have produced, directed, written and voiced thousands of commercials, PSA's, stingers, etc.. Both locally and nationally for radio and television commercials. I have won several local and national awards for many past productions (Mercury Award, Silver Microphone awards, AIR Awards and other local and regional awards). I'm also an accomplished musician and have scored several commercial and industrial projects.
I am currently a radio newscaster for RTT News. A national news service based out of NYC and Washington DC. I am and have been a performer, musician, singer, actor and business professional for 20 plus years. Whenever I have been able to incorporate my talents, within my job or business, I have been a happy man. I was a producer for many years in talk radio and have interviewed celebrities, presidents and politicians. I've had my own talk show as recently as 2011 on a major market, Boston radio station and have conducted several live presentations in front of hundreds, as the director of a chamber of commerce. A business professional, a master communicator and an artist through and through.
I majored in english and acting at UMASS, Boston, I attended 1 year of broadcasting school at Northeast Broadcasting and have attended many workshops from "auditioning on camera," several other acting type workshops at places like CP Casting, I've also had years of coaching and training in advertising in business.
My Studio Equipment
Although I have maintained several relationships with many radio stations in the Boston area, and have full access to use a few studios, I do all of my production at home. I have built my own home recording studio/booth to fit the needs of what any client has requested. I produce my daily news reports for RTT News, Monday through Friday from my home studio. I work for a couple of production houses that hire me directly for both music and voice.
I work on a Mac, I have several microphones that I use (depending on the project), RE20 cardioid mic, Blue, MXL 300 and a Yeti Blue. I have I use an Mbox 2 for an interface, I work with pro tools and Garage band.
There is a lot of great talent out there. I believe that the one thing that may define me, is my ability to work with anyone, with ease. I also have a great understanding of what it takes, to comprehend and discern "direction."
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Mark Carey by email or phone, please click here.