Project Main Details
This is a non-profit broadcast and will likely run for 8-10 years in a major national organization.
Character Profile: African American, Southern Accent, Senior
The script list nine different voices, please feel free to read for one or all. Before each read, please say the character name to identify the excerpt for which you are auditioning.
Please submit or save the audio file (wav or mp3) with the following naming convention: First Name_Last Name_Character_Side_Date.
Each voice is a different role. 2016-02-29 14:01:30 GMT 2016-03-09 08:00:00 (GMT -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) Yes (click here to learn more about ) Closed 7 7 0 direct invitation(s) have been sent by the voice seeker resulting in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far. Voice123 SmartCast is seeking 100 auditions and/or proposals for this project (approx.) Invitations sent by SmartCast have resulted in 7 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far.
• Audio files must be delivered via FTP/Dropbox/Google Drive/cloud
2. One morning my family is all kinda huddled up together in a corner of the yard away from the rest, and ‘long comes Major Long carrying his bullwhip in his hand, with another man. He makes Mary stand up and says to the man with him, ”Here’s jes’ the girl you want for a nurse girl.”
Mama begs Major Long not to separate us folks, and hugged Mary and Jane and me to her. . . . major come over . . .and pulled Mary away from Mama and he and the man took her off. - Stephen Williams
3. The slaves was put in stalls like the pens they use for cattle – man and his wife with a child on each arm. . . . The overseer drives the slaves out to the platform, and he tells the ages of the slaves and what they can do. . . . one of the bidders takes a pair of gloves and rubs his fingers over a man’s teeth. They calls the men “bucks” and the women “wenches.”
When the slave is on the platform – what they calls the “block” – the overseer yells, “Tom or Jason, show the bidders how you walk.” Then the slave steps across the patform, and the biddin’ starts. - James Martin
4. I had a brother, Jim, who was sold ter dress young Missus fer her weddin’. I set dar an’ I cry an’ cry, specially when dey puts de chains on him an’ carried him off. An I ani’t neber felt so lonesome in my whole life. - Ben Johnson
5. Oh, dat wah a te’ble time! . . . Ole Marse, he come t’rough de field wif a man call’ de specalater. Dey wall round, jes’ lookin’, jes’ lookin’. . . . de specalater he sees who he want. He talk to Ole Marse; den dey slaps de han’ cuffs on dat slave an’ take him away to the cotton country. Oh, dem de awful times! - Majorie Jones
6. They ‘zamine you just like they do a horse; they look at your teeth, an pull your eyelids back and look at your eyes, and feel you just like you was a horse. - Anonymous
7. One boy was traded off from his mother when he was young an’ after he was sold back to de same master an’ married to his own mother. - Wesley Burrell
8. The speculators stayed in the hotel and out the niggers in the quarters jes’ like droves of hogs. All through the night I could hear them mournin’ and prayin’. . . . Them slaves look jes like droves of turkeys runnin along in front of them horses. I remember when they put ‘em on the block to sell ‘em. The ones ‘tween 18 and 30 always bring the most money. The auctioner he stand off at a distances and cry ‘em off as they stand on the block. I can hear his voice as long as I live. . . . “Now gentlemen and fellow-citizens here is a big black buck Negro. He’s stout as a mule. Good for any kin’ o’ work an’ he never gives any trouble. How much am I offered for him?” - W.L. Bost
9. Talkin’ ‘bout somethin’ awful, you should have been dere. De slave owners was shoutin’ and sellin’ chillen to one man and de mama and pappy to ‘nother. De slaves cries and takes on somethin’ awful. If a woman had lots of chillen she was sold for mo’, cause it a sign she was a good breeder. - Millie Williams
Voice123 Team Comments
Voice123 consultations with this voice seeker regarding this project and/or other projects by this voice seeker, via phone, chat, and/or email.
This project - phone.
Previous projects - phone.
This project - email or chat.
Previous projects - email or chat.
Corporate web site for this voice-seeker confirmed by Voice123
Note: Voice123 strives to establish the legitimacy of all projects posted. However, Voice123 subscribers and users are responsible for confirming information stated by prospective voice seekers, agents and/or clients. Voice123 subscribers and users assume all liability for use of any information found through Voice123, or any of its publications.
This page contains the most important details of this project. If you find the information on this project inaccurate or inappropriate, please let us know by contacting us.