Project Main Details
We're recording about 90 short dialogs for an app. We're looking for actors, not "radio announcer" voices.
Our main criterion is interpretation. The conversations range from normal to dramatic to zany. We're looking for actors who can bring the scripts to life in an authentic way. What works best for us is to sound natural and generally upbeat.
1. Perform EXACTLY as written. No word changes, additions, or omissions.
2. No added sound effects (laughs or other non-vocal sounds) -- express emotion through what's written.
3. There must be a slight pause after EVERY sentence. (We edit each sentence into a separate file. If we can't separate them, it has to be done over.)
4. The audience is native English speakers, so speak naturally. But this is a professional, learning app, so speech should still be clear and well-articulated, without mannerisms such as dropping final g's (walkin', talking'), etc.
5. Acting and emotion: bring the scripts to life, but don't overact. If a script is just a normal conversation, just be normal. Be especially careful with negative emotions (such as anger or sadness) -- not too extreme; keep it upbeat -- most scripts are comic, not tragic.
Attached can be found here:
2016-03-05 23:12:10 GMT 2016-03-09 14:00:00 (GMT -08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) Yes (click here to learn more about ) Closed 18 18 0 direct invitation(s) have been sent by the voice seeker resulting in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far. Voice123 SmartCast is seeking 20 auditions and/or proposals for this project (approx.) Invitations sent by SmartCast have resulted in 18 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far.
• Audio files must be delivered via FTP/Dropbox/Google Drive/cloud
Rosa: Stop, please! Pardon me, pardon me. I'm getting off here!
Pedro: Girl! You're stepping on me.
Rosa: A thousand apologies.
Pedro: It's okay.
Rosa: Driver! Open the door!
Pedro: Hey, careful! Your backpack!
Rosa: I'm very sorry.
Pedro: Me, too!
#2 YOUR PART: Ryan
Jody: Have you studied Spanish long?
Ryan: No, it's my first class. And you?
Jody: This is my first class as well. I'll going to travel to Chile. I want to learn Spanish before I go. Are you going to travel?
Ryan: I have no plans for now. But my girlfriend is from Honduras. Her family is coming to visit soon.
Jody: They don't speak any English?
Ryan: None. And my girlfriend speaks very little.
Jody: Seriously? And how do you communicate?
Ryan: A little in each language. We manage. Maybe that's why we get along great!
Jody: I have to find a foreign boyfriend! One who does not speak English.
Ryan: Sure! You'll certainly find one in Chile!
#3 YOUR PART: Enrique
Isabel: Are you almost here?
Enrique: No, love, I'm stuck in traffic. There's a horrible traffic jam.
Isabel: But you'll be here soon, right?
Enrique: I'm going to be late. Traffic is stopped, it's strange at this hour. Even the traffic lights are not working.
Isabel: When do you think you´ll arrive?
Enrique: I don´t know. We're simply not moving. Perhaps there was an accident.
Isabel: But I need you to come now. Ask for help from the police.
Enrique: I don't see anyone around here.
Isabel: Is that the game I hear in the background?
Enrique: Someone has it on the radio. Hey, lower the volume!
Isabel: Enrique, now you listen to me. I'm about to give birth. You come here and take me to the hospital!
Enrique: I'll be there right away.
Voice123 Team Comments
Voice123 consultations with this voice seeker regarding this project and/or other projects by this voice seeker, via phone, chat, and/or email.
This project - phone.
Previous projects - phone.
This project - email or chat.
Previous projects - email or chat.
Corporate web site for this voice-seeker confirmed by Voice123
Note: Voice123 strives to establish the legitimacy of all projects posted. However, Voice123 subscribers and users are responsible for confirming information stated by prospective voice seekers, agents and/or clients. Voice123 subscribers and users assume all liability for use of any information found through Voice123, or any of its publications.
This page contains the most important details of this project. If you find the information on this project inaccurate or inappropriate, please let us know by contacting us.