Project Main Details
We're recording about 90 short dialogs for a language learning app. We're looking for actors, not "radio announcer" voices.
Our main criterion is interpretation. The conversations range from normal to dramatic to zany. We're looking for actors who can bring the scripts to life in an authentic way. What works best for us is to sound natural and generally upbeat.
1. Perform EXACTLY as written. No word changes, additions, or omissions.
2. No added sound effects (laughs or other non-vocal sounds) -- express emotion through what's written.
3. There must be a slight pause after EVERY sentence. (We edit each sentence into a separate file. If we can't separate them, it has to be done over.)
4. The audience is native English speakers, so speak naturally. But this is a professional, learning app, so speech should still be clear and well-articulated, without mannerisms such as dropping final g's (walkin', talking'), etc.
5. Acting and emotion: bring the scripts to life, but don't overact. If a script is just a normal conversation, just be normal. Be especially careful with negative emotions (such as anger or sadness) -- not too extreme; keep it upbeat -- most scripts are comic, not tragic.
Attached can be found here:
*********************************************************************** 2016-03-05 23:23:49 GMT 2016-03-09 15:00:00 (GMT -08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) Yes (click here to learn more about ) Closed 41 41 0 direct invitation(s) have been sent by the voice seeker resulting in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far. Voice123 SmartCast is seeking 40 auditions and/or proposals for this project (approx.) Invitations sent by SmartCast have resulted in 41 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far.
• Audio files must be delivered via FTP/Dropbox/Google Drive/cloud
Rosa: Stop, please! Pardon me, pardon me. I'm getting off here!
Pedro: Girl! You're stepping on me.
Rosa: A thousand apologies.
Pedro: It's okay.
Rosa: Driver! Open the door!
Pedro: Hey, careful! Your backpack!
Rosa: I'm very sorry.
Pedro: Me, too!
#2 YOUR PART: Javier
Javier: Hello, how are you, Roberta?
Roberta: Quite well, Javier. Happy birthday! How are you feeling?
Javier: A little sad, to tell you the truth.
Roberta: What's going on, man?
Javier: Life is passing too fast. Each year I feel a little older and more useless.
Roberta: Cheer up, friend. You men are like a good wine. The older the man, the more appreciated he is.
Javier: A good wine, eh? You're right. Let's go to lunch. My treat!
#3 YOUR PART: Husband
Marita: Darling, Juanico took my car.
Husband: Do you need it?
Marita: No, but he didn't ask permission.
Husband: Well, he forgot. That's the way kids are, my love.
Marita: Oh, I made a mistake. He didn't take my car.
Husband: Thank goodness!
Marita: Well, he took yours.
Husband: What? How naughty that kid is! Call him on his cell phone immediately!
Voice123 Team Comments
This project - phone.
Previous projects - phone.
This project - email or chat.
Previous projects - email or chat.
Corporate web site for this voice-seeker confirmed by Voice123