Water Crisis Infographic

Submit Audition/Proposal on this Project
Rate this Project

Project Main Details

Water Crisis Infographic 
This is a small infographic for discussing a few facts about the water crisis all over the world. It should be serious but not severe- meant just to inform not scare people or make them feel guilty. Make sure not to read too fast as there are graphic animations that will have to coincide with the audio.  
2012-03-10 13:12:37 GMT
2012-03-11 13:00:00 (GMT -05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) 
Yes (click here to learn more about Voice123's SmartCast)
0 direct invitation(s) have been sent by the voice seeker resulting in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far.
Voice123 SmartCast is seeking 10 auditions and/or proposals for this project (approx.) Invitations sent by SmartCast have resulted in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far.

Project Parameters

The Voice Actor should be located in:
Student or Non-for-profit student project - USD 30
Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
400 words
English - USA and Canada
Young Adult Female OR Middle Age Female
• Audio files must be delivered via email
• Deliver edited and finished voice tracks
Not defined
The voice seeker is willing to hire either union or non-union talents for this project

Script Details

It should be serious but not severe- meant just to inform not scare people or make them feel guilty. Make sure not to read too fast as there are graphic animations that will have to coincide with the audio. 
Every year, lack of clean drinking water kills more people worldwide than war…

Which bids the question…Where is all the water?

We know that water occupies the majority of that planet but 97.5% of that is saltwater and unusable for drinking leaving 2.5% freshwater most of which is still unattainable:

70% of our fresh water is frozen in polar icecaps while 30% lies underground which is often too expensive to tap into and filter.

That leaves only 1% available for human consumption.

With this small amount of water accessible, 1.1 billion people go without access to clean drinking water…that’s one in six people worldwide.

While the U.S. and other industrialized countries remain untouched by the water crisis, developing nations are being ravished by it. Only a little more than half of the Sub-Saharan African population has access to safe drinking water. The United Nations estimates that in 15 years, over 48 nations, like those in Africa, will face freshwater scarcity.

It’s easy for us to ignore the water crisis from the comfort of our homes but what we don’t know is 3.575 million people die from water related diseases every year. This number is equal to the entire population of Los Angeles.

And what’s worse- 84% of that 3.575 billion are children.

But there is hope. Recent involvement in the water crisis has begun to slow down these deaths. Today, it is estimated that 1 child dies every 20 seconds from a water related disease. Only two years ago, it was 1 child every 15 seconds. That might sounds like a small difference but it definitely adds up.

After one minute, that’s 3 children as opposed to 4.

After an hour, that 180 as opposed to 240.

That small change adds up to 1,440 children saved every day.

But there is still so much more that can be done. There are many organizations taking an active role in solving the water crisis all over the world…

But we still need you’re help.

There are countless ways to get involved. Just visit the websites of any of those organizations to find out how you can do your part. An act as simple as donating money can help supply those in need with safe drinking water

And that means, saving lives. 
Please note that you should only use the script or your recording of it for auditioning purposes. The script is property, unless otherwise specified, of the voice seeker and it is protected by international copyright laws.

Voice-Seeker Details

Sign in to display the company name (if applicable)


Voice123 Team Comments

Voice123 consultations with this voice seeker regarding this project and/or other projects by this voice seeker, via phone, chat, and/or email.

unchecked This project - phone.

unchecked Previous projects - phone.

unchecked This project - email or chat.

unchecked Previous projects - email or chat.

unchecked Corporate web site for this voice-seeker confirmed by Voice123

Note: Voice123 strives to establish the legitimacy of all projects posted. However, Voice123 subscribers and users are responsible for confirming information stated by prospective voice seekers, agents and/or clients. Voice123 subscribers and users assume all liability for use of any information found through Voice123, or any of its publications.

This page contains the most important details of this project. If you find the information on this project inaccurate or inappropriate, please let us know by contacting us.

Submit Audition/Proposal on this Project