Project Main Details
2013-11-06 12:43:38 GMT 2013-11-07 09:38:19 (GMT 0) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London Yes (click here to learn more about ) Closed - Note: This project was manually closed by the voice seeker before it reached its original deadline. 0 0 0 direct invitation(s) have been sent by the voice seeker resulting in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far. Voice123 SmartCast is seeking 25 auditions and/or proposals for this project (approx.) Invitations sent by SmartCast have resulted in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far.
• Audio files must be delivered via FTP/Dropbox/Google Drive/cloud
Title: What are we Waiting For? (logo from MPH)
1. Every hour the South West Ambulance Service receive nearly 90 emergency calls.
This is one of them. (green blinking teletype)
2. At the time of this call the ambulance service are already dealing with 31 emergencies in Somerset.
3. Of the available ambulances available,
9 are enroute to hospitals.
5 are at MPH A & E.
4 crews have been waiting to hand over their patients for over 20 minutes.
So the nearest ambulance that can attend is 25 minutes away in Exeter.
4. In the past 6 months, ambulances spent
741 hours waiting outside Musgrove Park Hospital
5. It’s nice that someone is prepared to take the blame.
- But is it just A&E?
6. Like we said it’s nice that someone is prepared
to take the blame.
- Are You?
7. We get patients in from here, here and here.
Then they wait for.. porters or xrays, scans, test results, physio, medications review, pharmacy, paperwork, family, transport, or equipment.
And they in turn are waiting for porters, xrays, scans.
And suddenly there’s no flow because too many people are waiting and not enough people are leaving.
8. Most admissions are in the morning.
Peaking at one oclock.
But we aren’t discharging our patients until the
And It’s even worse at weekends, so by Monday we’re at crisis point.
And that bottleneck is the problem.
9. It can’t be that simple can it?
10. Well if more patients were discharged earlier,
especially before lunch, and over the weekend…
11. Infection rates were the patient flow problem of a few years ago. Five years ago MPH had 8 MRSA and 55 C diff cases. So far this year there have been only 2 MRSA and 6 C diff infections and that success has saved lives, and improved care.
12. Can you think of something to reduce waiting?
Because we can’t go on like this.
13. In 6 months ambulances spent
741 hours waiting outside **********************
equivalent to closing down an ambulance station
for a month.
14. So what are we waiting for?
Voice123 Team Comments
Voice123 consultations with this voice seeker regarding this project and/or other projects by this voice seeker, via phone, chat, and/or email.
This project - phone.
Previous projects - phone.
This project - email or chat.
Previous projects - email or chat.
Corporate web site for this voice-seeker confirmed by Voice123
Note: Voice123 strives to establish the legitimacy of all projects posted. However, Voice123 subscribers and users are responsible for confirming information stated by prospective voice seekers, agents and/or clients. Voice123 subscribers and users assume all liability for use of any information found through Voice123, or any of its publications.
This page contains the most important details of this project. If you find the information on this project inaccurate or inappropriate, please let us know by contacting us.