Project Main Details
I am looking for someone to read 12 very short sentences in a voice that is as close to my Dad's as possible. My Dad is dying from Motor Neurone Disease (MND). It is affecting his speech, swallowing and breathing. As the disease progresses he will also lose the ability to move but his ability to think will be totally unaffected. Carrying around and using a computer to speak a short sentence is cumbersome and difficult in public places. To help ease this problem, my friend is helping me to make a small unit to go in his pocket which he can use when he is out. The unit will generate short sentences at the press of 1 of 12 buttons. I could get a friend to speak the sentences for me but no-one I know sounds anything remotely like my Dad.
If you think you could be the voice of my Dad please, please will you help me? It is not a major project but it will take up some of your precious time. It will also have a huge impact on someone else's life.
I have attached 1 file which have a series of answers that my Dad gave during interviews which were done when he could still speak. Hopefully this will help you decide if you are able to speak like him or not.
Thank you for reading this post.
Kind regards, Fiona 2012-02-17 18:56:12 GMT 2012-02-24 18:00:00 (GMT 0) Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London Yes (click here to learn more about ) Closed 0 0 6 direct invitation(s) have been sent by the voice seeker resulting in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far. Voice123 SmartCast is seeking 50 auditions and/or proposals for this project (approx.) Invitations sent by SmartCast have resulted in 0 audition(s) and/or proposal(s) so far.
Audio provided by the voice seeker here:
***************************************************************** Below is the script (to be read as individual sentences) for the entire project...
- Sorry, I cannot speak very well, because I have motor neurone disease. I can however, hear and understand you very well.
- I am OK thank you. If I need to contact anyone I can use my mobile. Don’t worry, I can get myself home, thank you.
- I am not feeling very well. I have motor neurone disease. Please can you help me get to a doctor?
- Excuse me…
- Please bear with me, I just need a minute to sort myself out.
- My name is Graham Neale
- I find speaking difficult. Please can you read my written requests, comments and answers to questions.
- Sorry, my MND makes me a bit clumsy. It also makes it difficult for me to swallow and I choke easily.
- Would you like to sit with me for a few minutes? Where shall we go?
- Help, I think I am choking. Please try giving me up to 5 firm slaps between my shoulder blades. If that doesn’t work try the Heimlich manoeuvre.
Voice123 Team Comments
Voice123 consultations with this voice seeker regarding this project and/or other projects by this voice seeker, via phone, chat, and/or email.
This project - phone.
Previous projects - phone.
This project - email or chat.
Previous projects - email or chat.
Corporate web site for this voice-seeker confirmed by Voice123
Note: Voice123 strives to establish the legitimacy of all projects posted. However, Voice123 subscribers and users are responsible for confirming information stated by prospective voice seekers, agents and/or clients. Voice123 subscribers and users assume all liability for use of any information found through Voice123, or any of its publications.
This page contains the most important details of this project. If you find the information on this project inaccurate or inappropriate, please let us know by contacting us.