Funny, serious, announcer,cartoons, high/low pitch
My natural voice is definitely suited for a young adult and has a light to medium pitch. It's great for casual or energetic narrations. Perfect for comedic roles.
Can also be changed for professional, hard-sell, and sincere reads.
Can be pitched higher to sound like a teenager, and also low to produce a more intimidating tone.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, Nova Scotia, Canada
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Can do comedic/animation style accents including: French, British, Australian, Southern, Scottish, New Yorker, Indian, Japanese. (Not authentic, but will work for some comedy/animation roles)
Can do voices similar to Forrest Gump, Gollum, Elmo, Yoda, Mad Scientist (in a scratchy, old man type of way)
My Voice Experience
While I am fairly new to the voice over field, I am already quite comfortable in a production studio. I am an announcer/producer at a small market radio station, so I spend a good amount of time in front of a microphone. I've done casual, announcer and character reads for hundreds of commercial scrips and have produced them as well.
When I was a student, I also won a national award for a Funeral Home commercial which I wrote, produced and voiced part of as well.
I am a graduate of the Radio and Television arts program at Nova Scotia Community College. I majored in radio and excelled when it came to voicing and producing commercials. I recieved high grades for my final project which was a radio drama in which I played the primary character.
I have also taken a workshop with acting coach Joshua Young (youractingcoach.ca/) which helped to improve my skills and knowledge of the VO community.
My Studio Equipment
PC with Windows XP
Adobe Audition 1.5
Electrovoice RE 20 (Microphone)
Wall panels (soundproofing)
I do have a keen interest in fantasy, science fiction, anime, cartoons, comedy and a good number of video games in those same genres, so when it comes to work in those fields, I would definitely have an easy time grasping the tone and atmosphere of the project.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Luke Barrie by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Luke Barrie is a Standard subscriber.
Luke Barrie does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Luke Barrie was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Luke Barrie does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Luke Barrie was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.