grandmotherly, humorous, trustworthy, wry
• Lois Weiss is registered with Voice123 since Dec 06, 2009.
Lois Weiss does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Lois Weiss was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Lois Weiss started his/her voice over career in 1980.
• Currently Lois Weiss is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Lois Weiss does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Lois Weiss was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Warm, sincere and believable for commercials. Authoritative and professional for narrations and presentations. A storyteller. Grandmotherly. Specialty in children's products and services. Variety of character voices and dialects for animation. Humorous, , strong women's characters my specialty.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents and dialects include mid-west, New York, southern U.S., British, Cockney, Yiddish, Valley Girl,
Characterizations: Women: sarcastic, elegant, snobbish; complaining,funny Jewish types; hip old broad; warm, grandmotherly, sharp-tongued.
My Voice Experience
I did voice-over work on radio station KQV in Pittsburgh creating chldrens dramas, commercials and public service announcements. In Atlantic City, NJ. I was on staff at WMID Radio and hosted an evening jazz show as well as being an on-air spokesperson for local businesses. In Los Angeles, I've sold products on radio and TV for American Express, JC Penney (spokesperson), Subaru and Kodak, among others and done voice work with Gary Owens on KMPC radio.
I hold a BFA in Theater Arts from Carnegie-Mellon University in Pittsburgh. Graduate theater studies were done at the Actors Studio and Neighborhood Playhouse in New York. I've taken voice-over classes at Kalmenson and Kalmenson in Los Angeles and continue as director and actor in Los Angeles theaer groups.
My Studio Equipment
Unknown - Click here to ask Lois Weiss
I've been a drama teacher for 14 years in Los Angeles schools and a private drama coach for children and adults for the past five years. I'm skilled at commercial copywriting, having done so at several radio stations and ad agencies.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Lois Weiss by email or phone, please click here.