James Earl Jones, B.White to B.Gumbel, Narrator
It is said that Lee Dixon can out-Barry, Barry White... out-James, James Earl Jones... yet have the smoothness, sophistication and medium range of a Bryant Gumbel. He has ability to do a myriad of voices from cartoons to corporate spokesman to trainer and narrator, to smooth and sensual. He is also an award-winning professional writer published in many venues, and an automotive expert with great technical savvy. This combined with his deep knowledge of music provides a level of understanding allowing top performances and flexibility in all of these areas. Such intuitive knowledge makes for an ease of comprehension in reading scripts more naturally.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Newport Beach, CA and Seattle, WA, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
A wide range from colloquial American corporate, British, American Black, Asian accent, cartoon voices, American "cowboy", ancient mariner pirate, radio announcer, deep sensual male, narrator, show host, books on tape.
My Voice Experience
Lee "The Resonator" Dixon has been in the entertainment business since age nine when he first stepped on stage in the 50s and 60s playing guitar and bass and opening for the likes of Joe "Ziggy" Johnson, Frankie Lymon, Stevie Wonder and numerous other stars and recording artists. During those years Dixon was also contracted as a songwriter by various labels and later gained broader experience playing and appearing in USO Shows in Viet Nam where he served in the military signal corps.
In the business world, Lee Dixon has spent many of his adult years involved in writing, producing and appearing in (either on screen or by voice) numerous audio-visual presentations. Many of these efforts have been in the automotive world where he is a professional automotive consultant, journalist and expert in automotive technology-related and historical issues.
Lee Dixon has appeared on-screen in info-mercials for Pro-Gear Golf, Inc. and FileNet, Inc. as well as on-screen appearances on CBS (2 On The Town and other venues), ABC, CBS, CBC radio, HBO (Journey of the African-American Athlete) and The Outdoor Channel and numerous others. He appeared in the Telly Award winning production "Single & Searching"(Video Ventures). In addition to on-screen appearances, Dixon has provided numerous voice-overs for countless corporate videos, other various venues and audio productions including San Diego Zoo's "Jungle Dreams" (YLS Entertainment). Finally, he has appeared in countless publications, Esquire, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, National Enquirer, Los Angeles Times, Sports Illustrated, Popular Mechanics and many more. He has lived in numerous locales including Japan.
• In addition to his many years in the entertainment business, Lee has renewed interest in entertainment and has had several years of serious, broad-based training, particularly at Del Mar Media Arts (Irvine, CA). This training ranges from advanced voice-over, narration, on-screen acting, corporate spokesman, soap opera, commercials, improv, cartoons and more. Dixon has been tutored extensively by famous actor, the late Gordon Jump ("WKRP in Cincinnati" and "The Maytag Man") among others. References available upon request. Demo CD provided upon request.
• Del Mar Media Arts, Irvine, California (completed advanced courses in multi-media, video production, voice-overs, commercial spokesman, acting, improv, soap opera. Certificates in all.)
My Studio Equipment
Snowball Blue USB, other microphones, Mac computer, more.
Published author/journalist, songwriter, musician, historian, automotive expert, actor.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Lee Dixon by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Lee Dixon is a Standard subscriber.
Lee Dixon does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Lee Dixon was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Lee Dixon does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Lee Dixon was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.