Mature North American male non-specific accent
• Lee DeFord is registered with Voice123 since Dec 16, 2009.
• Lee DeFord started his/her voice over career in 2007.
• Currently Lee DeFord is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Lee DeFord was last active on Voice123 46 days ago
A mature North American commanding voice that grabs your attention. As a grandfather of 16, it can also be a gentle and amusing voice reading a children's story or characterizing an animation. As an engineer, a confident technical voice for high tech material.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
"Stoner" (Dave's not here man), old west prospector (dag nab it), "Simpsons" characters, nerd, pitchman, Technical rep, George Carlin style disc jockey
My Voice Experience
My voice has been heard on promotional video for a Christian musical group (Treasure Ministries). I have been heard on local radio promoting a live musical recording concert. My voice has been used for the outgoing answering machine message for an Orthodontic consulting business (Create It Consulting).
I earned a B.S. in Electrical Engineering from Arizona State University in Tempe, Arizona. I have taken a voice class given by Mike Elmore from Voices for All. I have over 30 years experience as a computer software engineer and as such can voice technical projects with an air of expertise. My voice has been used in projects for radio spots, video narration, answering machine outgoing messages, and more.
My Studio Equipment
My studio features a MXL 2001 large diaphragm microphone feeding into an M-Audio Fast Track Ultra interface. Sony's Sound Forge Audio Studio software receives and processes the recordings.
I have been a computer software engineer for more than 30 years working on software used for industrial control systems. My wife has worked in orthodontic offices for over 25 years and as such I have been exposed to the dental/orthodontic field. Over the years I have worked in construction, retail clothing sales, for a metropolitan newspaper, and in manufacturing. At one point, I considered studying medicine and becoming a surgeon and medicine has always interested me although I chose another path. I have 16 grandchildren and enjoy reading stories (with character voices) to them. I am quite a fan of the Simpsons and other animation and love to quote and imitate the characters.
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Lee DeFord by email or phone, please click here.