Professional, neutral accent, easy to understand
• Laura Hastings is registered with Voice123 since Mar 05, 2009.
Laura Hastings does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Laura Hastings was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Laura Hastings started his/her voice over career in 2002.
• Currently Laura Hastings is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Laura Hastings does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Laura Hastings was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
- Professional, neutral accent, easy to understand for IVR, Training, and Audio books.
- Enthusiastic balance between smooth and "perky" for promos, advertisements and commercials.
- Different moods and tones for video games, commercials, and trailers.
- For any of the above variations of deep, sexy, young, excited or neutral.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Santa Rosa, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Neutral accent ("flight attendant voice"), Southern accents - deep south (Reese Witherspoon in "Sweet Home Alabama"), north texas (the cast of "Dallas"), east texas (Andie McDowell in "Bad Girls"), west texas (Ron White, comedian), Midwest (my Mom), Upper Midwest (Frances McDormand in "Fargo")
My Voice Experience
I started narrating in my role as a Corporate Training Manager for a power point presentation intended to train loan officers in our company. It progressed to narrating computer based training courses that I wrote and designed. Some were more promotional, allowing me to use my "advertising" voice. Through more training projects, I recorded the IVR system for one of California's largest state contractors.
Because I came from a training and presentation background, I have always focused on clear speaking and varying my voice enough to make it interesting to listeners,since some training classes were multiple days in length.
I enjoy this part of my work so much, I would very much like to focus on voice over work!
Growing up I was always in the church choir. Our director was an opera singer, and expected all of us to project a confident voice both singing and speaking. For me, this was a great introduction to communicating effectively.
I have been in the Corporate Training and Development field for about 15 years. Through making presentations and doing training classes, I have focused on making my voice clear and easy to listen to.
My Studio Equipment
I have basic recording equipment in my home office/studio that allows me to deliver edited recordings in a variety of formats. I am also available to travel to recording studios both in town and into San Francisco.
With my training and development background, I have spent a lot of time creating, writing, and editing training manuals and reference guides. Technical writing is a skill that is very important to effective communication. I can write, edit, and add to any copy that needs to be adjusted for the project.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Laura Hastings by email or phone, please click here.