deep, soulful, serious, african american, black
• Latasha Willis is registered with Voice123 since Apr 21, 2008.
• Latasha Willis started his/her voice over career in 2008.
• Currently Latasha Willis is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Latasha Willis was last active on Voice123 330 days ago
My voice is somewhat deep for a female, which works well for narrations and reading poetry. I also have a friendly yet serious tone, which works well for audiobooks, IVR recordings, instructional recordings and documentaries. I can also sing Negro spirituals as an alto or below.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Since I am from the South, I can exaggerate a Southern accent. I can also exaggerate African American dialect.
My Voice Experience
At the age of six, I was told by my peers that I sounded like a boy becuase my voice was somewhat deep. In junior high, I read the daily announcements over the intercom at school, and the students thougth I was a boy at first. I was even compared to Whoopi Goldberg at the time.
My first experience with a voice over was in high school when I was one of several students selected to read for a local anti-drug public service announcement, which was probably around 1991. I also was a customer service representative from 1997 to 2002, which required me to have a pleasant voice, and one time a customer asked me to do a recording for his voicemail because he liked my voice.
I signed up to be a volunteer for a radio reading service for the visually impaired, and I have done one newspaper recording so far. I currently read Scriptures during sermons four times a month for my church, and I have been doing that since December 2007. The sermons are available for sale on CD, and they will also air on broadcast television later this year. This month, I am doing narration for a local play.
I have a BS in mathematics with a computer science emphasis, and I have also taken graduate courses in computer information systems and business administration, but I have no formal training in voice overs. However, I have practiced on my own and am willing to showcase my abilities.
My Studio Equipment
I have a standard PC with a Dynex microphone. I use Windows Audacity 1.2.6 and Mp3 My Mp3 2.0 software.
Because of my spiritual beliefs, I will not use vulgar or profane language.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Latasha Willis by email or phone, please click here.