Powerful, wide range, guy next door, hyperbole
Enthusiastic and motivational voiceovers for radio, television or internet. I can be smooth and low key for professional presentations or hyperbole to motivate your listeners. I am currently a professional radio on-air personality, have been the MC of various productions and hosted town parades, non-profit events, talent shows and fashion shows. I spent several years as a radio traffic reporter in an airplane, mobile unit and studio.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Baltimore, MD; York, PA; Harrisburg, PA; Gettysburg, PA; Hanover, PA; York, PA, Owings Mills, MD, Pennsylvania, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Baltimore accent, India (english) accent, British, Southern Draw, Irish accent, The Elmo character, Tigger (from Pooh) old man, child. Also, special effects to change voice range location and speed, President Obama
My Voice Experience
Period of 1970-Present
* Children's Theatre with The Pickwick Players, Baltimore, MD. Performed as an actor in children's theatre productions around the state of Maryland.
* Milner Fenwick Agency, Baltimore, MD: Voice/character for documentary film for National Defense Transportation Association
* Milner Fenwick Agency, Baltimore, MD: Voice for a cartoon on Bike Safety for kids.
* WJZ-TV Channel 13, Baltimore, MD: Acting role on a local television show "Family Counselor."
* Vince Clews and Associates, Owings Mills, MD: Acting role in a documentary film for Industrial Safety. Also, a script read through for Maryland Public Television and CBS Television.
* Professional clown for special events and children's birthday parties.
* Summer Stock Theatre at the Pioneer Playhouse, Danville, KY: Performer and Technical Director.
* WCCN-AM at Catonsville Community College, Catonsville, MD: Campus radio station on-air personality with a country music show.
* Metro Traffic Control, Baltimore, MD: Mobile Traffic Radio Reporter sending feeds to the studio for rebroadcast on 15 Baltimore radio stations. Also, I reported from the airplane for other local and beach traffic reports as "Airbourne One."
* Professional speaker and presenter of educational programs for First Connection, Inc., Childcare Training.
* Master of Ceremonies for the Upper Chesapeake Health System talent show.
* Master of Ceremonies for the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event, Harford County, MD.
Voice over for numerous commericals broadcast on WXCY-FM in Harford County, MD: Co-wrote, produced and provide the voice for promotional commericals for Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation special events.
On-Air Personality for WHVR-AM 1280, Hanover, PA: On-air radio personality for a classic country music station. During show, read live commericals as well a weather reports on the half hour.
On-Air Personality for 1320-AM WGET in Gettysburg, PA. Hosts two show per week mid-mornings. Plays adult contemporary music, reads live commercials, weather and community events. Master of Ceremonies for the Gettysburg, PA Halloween Parade and Apple Blossom Queen contest and show for 2009 to present. Interviewed live on the air from Hollywood, John Ratzenberger (of Cheers fame) about his new show "Made in America."
1982: B.S. Degree in Mass Communications, Towson State University, Towson, MD: Concentration in Public Relations and Marketing with training in Advanced Public Speaking. Of course many years of on-air and public speaking experience!
2012: M.B.A. with a concentration in Leadership from Walden University.
My Studio Equipment
Cool Edit Pro, Version 2
33 Years healthcare experience. I am passionate about quality healthcare both pre and post hospital. Many of my jobs (including the present) required me to make live presentations to employees, improvise and use effective time management. I have broadcast in less then ideal situations such as from the scene of a plane crash, traffic reporter in an airplane and on the ground in the middle of accident scenes and once on the roof of a 20 story building doing live traffic report.
My experiences, including non-broadcasting roles, have required me to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Larry Appel by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Larry Appel is a Standard subscriber.
Larry Appel does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Larry Appel was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Larry Appel does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Larry Appel was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.