Appealing, Reassuring, Sincere, and Credible
• Karen Smith is registered with Voice123 since Aug 09, 2009.
• Karen Smith started his/her voice over career in 2009.
• Currently Karen Smith is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Karen Smith was last active on Voice123 156 days ago
My voice is able to convey confidence and credibility to the most professional scripts, while I have been told my clear enunciation and compassionate tone helps people to relate, especially when giving medical presentations. My "conversational" voice also helps bring life to commercials, narrations, promo's etc. and can even sound sensual, when required!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Denver, Colorado, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Soothing British accent, Matter-of-fact British accent.
My Voice Experience
I have worked for many years in the medical industry both in Europe and the USA. Every working day has included instruction and demonstration to people of all different demographics. It has not only been important for me to get their attention, but also to keep it! I have done some voice-over work for on-line animation and also some "my space" audio for a musical tribute.
I have completed "Such-a-voice" training with Brian Thon - and ongoing mentoring by Michael Turnbull, voice coaching with Hilary Blair, Norm Silver, and vocal training with Kathe Perez.
My Studio Equipment
I can record/edit audios at my home-based studio in a 24-72hr time frame (depending on the urgency/length etc. of the project) and can also expedite any changes -working off-hours if necessary - all via e-mail in MP3 or WAV format. I believe in delivering a very professional product, therefore it is important to me that I adhere to all instructions and directions (if given) from the client. I am happy to work with clients until they get their desired results. I can also add certain Royalty-free sound effects or music to a dry read if required, and have access to ISDN if specially requested.
Being the spouse of a military serviceman, I have lived in many places in Europe and the USA. I adapt very quickly to new situations, and have never been afraid to ask for directions when confronted with new projects - I also listen/read very carefully, making sure that what I deliver is what is actually asked for. Once I have committed to a project, the client will receive the highest level of professionalism available.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Karen Smith by email or phone, please click here.