Strong deep Bass, an Anglo Saxon James Earl Jones
Authoratative, informative, convincing.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Pensacola, Fl, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Am able to do both cockney and proper English, German, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian, Indian, Irish, and Scottish accents in addition to Bostonian, New Jersey/New York, and (unaccented) American accents. Have a credible Sean Connery accent. Great pirate and SANTA accents, too.
My Voice Experience
I am a retired Naval officer and Naval Aviator. After retiring from the U.S. Navy, I spent a second career as a member of the faculty of the Department of Computer Science at the University of West Florida, I taught Computer Science and managed a mutually beneficial contract between the University and the Navy until retiring for a second time last September. I play the bagpipes with McGuire's Pipe Band and sing bass as a member of the Naval Aviation Memorial Chapel choir and a member of the chorus of the Pensacola Opera Society.
Studied under Dr. Pate of Westminster College for a year while in high school. Have taken vocal lessons for several years over the past 40 years. As mentioned above, I sing as a member of a church choir and local opera society. i Have spent over a thousand hours pontificating to students. I have created audio/visual programs for instructional purposes at various times during both Navy and college faculty careers.
My Studio Equipment
PLATFORM: Mac OSX, PreSonus Audiobox,
SOFTWARE: Studio One, Audacity, Audiobox, Guitar Band
MICROPHONES: ST51, DR - CX1, CAD u37
I have been told by many that I should be a radio announcer. I think you should listen to a sample of my speaking voice in order to determine my value to your organization.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact J.R. Arthur by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently J.R. Arthur is a Premium subscriber.
• J.R. Arthur was last active on Voice123 83 days ago