rich, natural, intelligent, warm, reassuring, wry
My voice has a distinct storytelling quality to it--warm and rich and conversational and suspenseful-- as I am a bestselling author of literary nonfiction (WEST BY WEST, AT MOTHER's REQUEST; EXIT THE RAINMAKER; LONG WAY TO GO). It is also authoritative and reassuring, smooth and professional (I am a former CBS News correspondent). I can be wry and light and quirky when need be. I also sound very intelligent. My voice sounds like no one else's. It has a compelling quality to it that makes you want to keep listening.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
My Home Base
, Virginia, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Unknown - Click here to ask Jonathan Coleman
My Voice Experience
For a period of time, I was the voice for the Culinary Institute of America and won awards for each narration, including a James Beard Award for Best Video Webcast. (www.ciaprochef.com/rioja; /WCA3/ WCA4. I also had to incorporate many foreign words into those videos. I narrated an audiobook for Macmillan Audio (Making Your Point), did a long spot for Hart Schaffner Marx, and a spot for a company called Ten Over Six.
Former CBS News correspondent. As a bestselling author, I have given readings of my work all around the country. I also do public address announcing and play by play. Have studied voice acting with Kate Burke of University of Virginia and Howard Ross of New York City.
My Studio Equipment
Microphone: Mojave (similar to Neumann U87) with Large Diaphragm Condenser
Computer and Software: PC--Cakewalk Sonar
Special Equipment: LA610 Preamp (by Universal Audio)
Most demos I record on a Snowball mic from Blue.
I have had a varied career--book editor, broadcast journalist, best-selling author, teacher. I have been a guest on nearly every major television show--Oprah, Today, Good Morning, America, CBS in the Morning, Larry King, etc. I have been profiled in every major paper in the country. And I have written for the New Yorker, New York Magazine, Time, Newsweek, the Washington Post, among other publications.
My most recent book was my collaboration with NBA legend and logo Jerry West on his autobiography, WEST BY WEST: My Charmed, Tormented Life. An instant NYT bestseller.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Jonathan Coleman by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Jonathan Coleman is a Standard subscriber.
• Jonathan Coleman was last active on Voice123 285 days ago