Strong, versitile, character specialist, warm,
• John McCann is registered with Voice123 since Jul 14, 2011.
• John McCann started his/her voice over career in 2010.
• Currently John McCann is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• John McCann was last active on Voice123 300 days ago
I have been in broadcast and radio production for some time and have learned how to adapt my voice to any read. I have a very versatile voice. Edgy, serious, personal, soft or warm tones, character voices, I have tons of experience with it all. My career has depended on my voice being able to handle a very broad range of delivery styles and tones.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Utica, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have fun mimicking and changing voices, I have a great middle toned sound and going above and below that tone is easy for me and allows me to get a greater range of tones for characters. I have fun with my voice and have learned how to take on a number of accents or stereotypical characters. I consider myself an of screen actor. I can have a great ability of putting myself in the read and taking on characters and/or emotions. Can do impersonations, some of well known actors or persons.
My Voice Experience
I work as a Production Director for a Top Mid market Radio and Events company. I handle over 14 different stations Production elements. It's my daily job to voice and write commercials, psa's, promotional spots, etc. My job requires that I have a very diverse delivery capability and to be able to take on character roles and convey certain emotions. Because of my experience and capabilities I work very close with Sales and advertising companies to help create effective content targeting specific and non specific demographics. My job has helped my voice become almost unlimited in its adaptability.
A.A.S degree in Electronic Media Communications and several years of voicework and proiduction experience.
My Studio Equipment
I primarily use ElectroVoice RE20 microphones. I use a number of programs for voice and audio editing, Cool Edit Pro being the primary program. I have access to several state of the art studios utilizing modern equipment as well as a small voice over studio at home.
Overall I cannot express how versatile my voice is. I have a very successful career and it is due to my broad delivery capabilities, tonal control, and ability to take on almost any character. For these abilities and more I continue to be requested for voice work and clients always tell me about the positive feedback and effectiveness each read has produced.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact John McCann by email or phone, please click here.