Character reads, impressions, good intensity
• John Jay is registered with Voice123 since 2006-12-05.
• John Jay started his/her voice over career in 1990.
• Currently John Jay is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• John Jay was last active on Voice123 167 days ago
I have a very unique voice - I have been a morning radio talent for 14 years, and now afternoon talk. I have developed some great character voices, including some usable dialects and affectations. I can do a servicable Sean Connery (who can't, though...!), Hank Hill, and a few others.
My voice isn't particularly deep, but it is pure, and sincere. The "everyman" VO is somewhat of a speciality. I can do intense & hard, but it's not my forte.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer radio ad production services
My Home Base
Benton Harbor, Michigan, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Scottish (a barely understandable brogue - brutal & violent, but often very funny), great "downhome" southern US accent (hillbilly) that I've honed to a great degree of quality.
My Voice Experience
A broadcast professional for over 15 years, I have voiced everything from one time spots to national campaigns for companies like Pizza Hut & Pepsi. Mostly local though, but often times character driven spots that developed into running and popular campaigns.
Work for Silver Beach Productions in West Palm Beach, FL doing VO for video & film. Recent clients include SunFest (a WPB music festival) and a the related clients, including National City Bank & others, and several small private projects through SBP.
Western Michigan University - Kalamazoo, MI
Kalamazoo Valley Community College - Kalamazoo, MI
Lake Michigan College - Benton Harbor, MI
- Communications & Media (journalism) studies.
Radio & Records Morning Show Bootcamp - 1994 - '98
- Numerous VO & production workshops & creative discovery sessions.
BitFest Dallas - 1998-'00
- Broadcast intensive live workshops with only talent, geared to show incentive & growth.
My Studio Equipment
Fully equipped radio station, all digital. I'm not an engineer - I know it all works & sounds top notch! I know we have ISDN and all the transfer goodies! If you must know what I have, I'll put you in touch with my engineer. He's a geek & will give you model numbers and Hz's out the ying yang.
I'm not a dick.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact John Jay by email or phone, please click here.