Character reads, impressions, good intensity
• John Jay is registered with Voice123 since 2006-12-05.
John Jay does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
John Jay was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• John Jay started his/her voice over career in 1990.
• Currently John Jay is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
John Jay does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. John Jay was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
I have a very unique voice - I have been a morning radio talent for 14 years, and now afternoon talk. I have developed some great character voices, including some usable dialects and affectations. I can do a servicable Sean Connery (who can't, though...!), Hank Hill, and a few others.
My voice isn't particularly deep, but it is pure, and sincere. The "everyman" VO is somewhat of a speciality. I can do intense & hard, but it's not my forte.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer radio ad production services
My Home Base
, Michigan, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Scottish (a barely understandable brogue - brutal & violent, but often very funny), great "downhome" southern US accent (hillbilly) that I've honed to a great degree of quality.
My Voice Experience
A broadcast professional for over 15 years, I have voiced everything from one time spots to national campaigns for companies like Pizza Hut & Pepsi. Mostly local though, but often times character driven spots that developed into running and popular campaigns.
Work for Silver Beach Productions in West Palm Beach, FL doing VO for video & film. Recent clients include SunFest (a WPB music festival) and a the related clients, including National City Bank & others, and several small private projects through SBP.
Western Michigan University - Kalamazoo, MI
Kalamazoo Valley Community College - Kalamazoo, MI
Lake Michigan College - Benton Harbor, MI
- Communications & Media (journalism) studies.
Radio & Records Morning Show Bootcamp - 1994 - '98
- Numerous VO & production workshops & creative discovery sessions.
BitFest Dallas - 1998-'00
- Broadcast intensive live workshops with only talent, geared to show incentive & growth.
My Studio Equipment
Fully equipped radio station, all digital. I'm not an engineer - I know it all works & sounds top notch! I know we have ISDN and all the transfer goodies! If you must know what I have, I'll put you in touch with my engineer. He's a geek & will give you model numbers and Hz's out the ying yang.
I'm not a dick.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact John Jay by email or phone, please click here.