English 'accepted', friendly, clear, humorous
• John Howes is registered with Voice123 since Jun 23, 2011.
• John Howes started his/her voice over career in 2011.
• Currently John Howes is a Premium subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 56
• John Howes has been active on Voice123 during the past 48 hours
I have a firm and reassuring Southern English voice, of even timbre and soft rather than harsh, powerful if necessary, with good capacity to speak from the written word plus ability to adapt tone and volume as necessary, and to be wry/humorous. I am mid-60's, with reasonably youthful voice-tone. A lawyer by training, I have spoken frequently as advocate in court. I also have acting and podcasting experience.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
London, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Southern English, 'middle' or 'upper' class, academic style if required, also characterful narrative style suited to audiobook work, and warm / friendly / wry / witty / enthusiastic style for commercial material.
My Voice Experience
Recent voice-over work has included satirical podcasting, film narration, and educational material for theology students; also narrative for legal training course.
Public school, acting training at the de Leon school, qualified lawyer (representation and advocacy in court), non-professional theatre.
My Studio Equipment
Rode NT1-A mic plus X2u & Sennheiser headphones (connection to MacBook Air), vocal booth and pop filter.
My theatrical experience, also advocacy in court as a qualified lawyer, have been and are relevant and helpful to voice-over work; plus recent voice-overs and podcasting. I am also PC proficient.
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact John Howes by email or phone, please click here.