Character Specialist, Announcer
• Joel Snyder is registered with Voice123 since Oct 15, 2008.
Joel Snyder does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Joel Snyder was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Joel Snyder started his/her voice over career in 1972.
• Currently Joel Snyder is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Joel Snyder does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Joel Snyder was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Joel Snyder's deep, resonant sound is much in demand in the Washington-Baltimore free-lance market; in addition, he is known for his versatility, often combining several voices within one spot.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have ISDN in my studio
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I have Source Connect in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Washington, DC area, Maryland, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Santa Claus, cranky old man, hillbilly, "Wally Cox/Walter Mitty", "Voice of God", hard-sell salesman/circus pitchman, "Don Pardoe" announcer, a dog, Dracula
My Voice Experience
Joel Snyder has been the voice of the "audio describer" (making images accessible to the blind) for hundreds of feature films (Dreamgirls, Flags of our Fathers, World Trade Center) and nationally broadcast television programs (Sesame Street, PBS, That 70s Show, ABC movies, etc.).
MA-Theater, University of Maryland
BA-English, Theater, Education, American University
member of Actors' Equity Association as well as AFTRA and SAG--workshop with Mel Blanc in the 1980s.
Performances with Bobby Van, Theodore Bikel, in venues off-Broadway in New York and in the Washington, DC area including the Kennedy Center, Arena Stage, Center Stage, Wolf Trap. Veteran of dozens of musical theater productions.
My Studio Equipment
Fully-equipped digital studio including ISDN line, phone patch and Source Connect--can deliver files via FTP or email in the .mp3, .aif. .wav. and .acc formats
Equipment: high end AudioTechnica microphone; AVID ProTools software; DVX audio processing
As one of the first audio describers in the world (c. 1981), I can offer audio description service for video projects (access to visual images for the blind) as well as captioning (access to spoken language for the deaf).
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Joel Snyder by email or phone, please click here.