MFA in Acting: Average Joe, Character and Accents
• Joel Gelman is registered with Voice123 since Nov 18, 2011.
Joel Gelman does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Joel Gelman was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Joel Gelman started his/her voice over career in 2009.
• Currently Joel Gelman is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Joel Gelman does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Joel Gelman was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Wide range of styles
- Trained Deep rich tone coupled with character variation for books on tape and narration
- Up beat "guy next door" and average working class guy for commercials
-Variety of Accents and Characterization for Video games and Animation work
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Burbank , California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
North American Accents: New York, Boston Mid-westerner,Canadian,Southern(Georgian,Texan, Appalachian) Californian.
European:British(RP, Cockney, Northern England)
Irish, Scottish, Italian, Spanish, German and French.
Eastern European: Romanian,Croatian, Russian.
Others: Pacific Islander,"Yooper"(Upper Peninsula of Michigan).
My Voice Experience
Joel Gelman has worked on a Variety of VO Projects from a PBS Children's TV pilot "The Imagy Nation" to The run away Hit Zombie Video game "Dead Island" to an AP History Text book In the Style of a Ken Burns Documentary
Joel has worked with a variety of production companies including "The Famous Radio Ranch" in Los Angeles and "Static Studios" in Chicago.
While working on a The Game "Dead Island" Joel was complemented on his diverse accent work for which one of the Producers said of his Pacific Islander Dialect " You're one of the only white guys I've met that can do this accent!"
Joel has an MFA in Acting from the Renowned Actor training program at UCSD San Diego/La Jolla Playhouse and a BA in Theatre from Western Michigan University.
Joel has Worked in regional theatre and Musical theatre all over the Country and He is a series regular in the NBC/ Universal Web Series "In Gayle We Trust".
He Is also a trained singer (Studied 15 year privately) Specializing in Jazz, Classical and Musical Styles.
My Studio Equipment
Joel has a Sound Proofed home studio equipped with a MacBook Pro complete with garage band and a Blue Microphone: The "Yeti" Professional Multi-Pattern device.
-Voice Longevity for time consuming and wordy projects.
-Knowledge of IPA (the international phonetics alphabet)
-Trained in Linklater vocal production
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Joel Gelman by email or phone, please click here.