deep, smooth, exciting, dark, bright, manic, sad
• J. Harley Hughes is registered with Voice123 since Apr 20, 2011.
• J. Harley Hughes started his/her voice over career in 2003.
• Currently J. Harley Hughes is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• J. Harley Hughes was last active on Voice123 338 days ago
I can apply timbre and tonality to use a warm, cool, aggressive, calming, or other mood in my delivery. I have 7 plus years in broadcasting for small market stations where I voiced many of the commercials and also wrote and produced commercials, show segments, and bits.
I can apply a fun presentation to lighthearted material or I can apply a professional tone for more serious material.
I can also voice adult content with sufficient sex appeal.
I have a midwestern accent(very vanilla) as my normal speaking pattern.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Holton, Kansas, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Midwestern, central plains farmer, Native American, Southern Plains(Oklahoma, Kansas, North Texas), Southern Californian, New Englander
My Voice Experience
Performed as a radio DJ, radio commercial voice artist through 2 years of college and 3 years professionally.
Performed in 2 episodes of online radio sitcom(now defunct)
Handled inbound calls for customer service.
Currently record books into audio format for personal use.
Brown College A.A.S. in Radio Broadcasting. Application of Personality through Voice method.
My Studio Equipment
Studio mic with condenser. Graphic EQ, Adobe Audition, Adobe Soundbooth,
Proper pronunciation of words, proper inflection, diction, and tonality.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact J. Harley Hughes by email or phone, please click here.