Character actress, Southern native, dry wit
Warm and pleasant narrator, very professional for industrials, can be comical or realistic for commercials. Can create character voices for children's literature or animation.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: Southern, British, Scottish, Irish, French.
Can do variety of Southern dialects: Tennessee, Texas, Deep South. Can be posh British or middle class/Cockney
My Voice Experience
ADR work on feature film "Emilio" (Also ADR Coodinator)and short "LA Dogs"
Theatre reviewer for KDHX Radio (St. Louis)
My voice appears on podcasts for my church (Westwood United Methodist) and I narrate videos for our annual giving campaigns. I have created voice overs for stage plays, with characters ranging from a bored DMV clerk to a British radio announcer.
Voice Over training:
Master Class David H. Lawrence XVII/VO2GoGo (LA)
The Original Voice Bank (LA)
Master of Public Health degree-University of Tennessee
Improv training: The Grown-Ups Playground (NYC)
LA Connection (LA)
My Studio Equipment
Sony Audio Sound Forge and Audacity software.
Microphone: AT 2020
Have worked as public health educator and advertising executive.
Have experience as pharmaceutical salesperson and can handle medical terminology.
Wrote and delivered my own radio copy.
Over 30 years performing experience as a character actress.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Janet Hoskins by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Janet Hoskins is a Standard subscriber.
• Janet Hoskins was last active on Voice123 111 days ago