Sexy, Cute, Witty, Wry, Professional, Fun, Quirky
• Janet Cao is registered with Voice123 since Oct 11, 2011.
Janet Cao does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Janet Cao was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Janet Cao started his/her voice over career in 2011.
• Currently Janet Cao is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Janet Cao does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Janet Cao was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Quality range is from fun, young, quirky, upbeat girl to a sexy, glossy, confident lady for commercials. Warm like a kindergarten teacher reading to her students for narrations.
Elevated, smooth, professional, informative, and assertive for presentations and promotions.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Girl
• Young Adult Female
• Middle Age Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• Chinese - Mandarin
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
My Home Base
Los Angeles, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Accents: American Southern (grew up in Alabama), Generic Asian accent (speak Mandarin fluently, so very familiar with the tonal affectations), Chinese accent
My Voice Experience
Voiceover is my most recent performance frontier. After years of stage, television, and film work, upon the advice of casting directors and other actors, I took a VO workshop and recorded a demo. Immediately, I began booking and recording internal industrials for Fortune 500 companies, including Verizon. I've discovered voiceover to be an amazing, unexpected foray into a different kind of performance. Looking forward to continuing to apply my mad acting skills to the art of voiceover.
Voiceover Workshop - Jeff Jones/VOX
Acting Technique (On-Going) - Lesly Kahn
Intermediate Scene Study - Beverly Hills Playhouse
On-Camera Study - Steve Helgoth
Commercial Acting, Level I & II - Mike Pointer
British American Drama Academy - Conservatory Abroad in London, England
University of Southern California - BA Cinema-Television, Minor in Acting
My Studio Equipment
Home studio: Snowball mic and Mac computer with Audacity and Sound Forge
Easy access to studio with ISDN
Formerly worked in advertising agency as an assistant producer for iPhone commercials, so I'm extremely familiar with voiceover casting and copywriting. Hosted a television show called The Cutting Edge that reviewed LA-based films. Attended USC for Cinema-Television.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Janet Cao by email or phone, please click here.