Deep, serious, dead pan, Stephen Fry
• Jamie Thompson is registered with Voice123 since Nov 24, 2009.
• Jamie Thompson started his/her voice over career in 2008.
• Currently Jamie Thompson is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Jamie Thompson was last active on Voice123 112 days ago
The voice is deep, dark and warm with a timbre reminiscent of Stephen Fry. Ranging from intimate and sexy to loud and commanding the voice is particularly well suited to extended narration but is also ideally cast to deliver dead-pan humour and a particularly English irony.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Posh English, generic Northern English, refined Geordie, wise old man, sexy middle aged man, old roue,dry wit, understatement, rhetoric and exaggeration, political speech, academic lecturer, distinguished man, upper class snob, hard salesman.
My Voice Experience
An experienced academic I haved a long track record and very wide experience as a public speaker. This has led over the years to many people commenting on the quality of my voice and for requests to use it in a voluntary capacity. In the last couple of years this work has included podcasts, radio jingles and a documentary film narration.
Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW)
Master of Education (MEd)
National Teaching Fellow (NTF)
No formal training in voice over work but I have attended a workshop on voice projection to assist me in supporting other lecturers to use their voices to best effect.
My Studio Equipment
I don't have my own studio. I use an Edirol, 24-bit WAVE/ MP3`Recorder.
I do have access to expert advice in audio recording.
In an earlier life I used to sell advertising and considerd a career in copywriting.
As a Probation officer for many years I have experienced and have some understanding about a wide range of social issues.
As an educator and educationalist I have a good knowledge of how people communicate, understand and learn.
Motivating others has been a common thread in my work for many years.
As an academic with eclectic interests I am widely read and culturally engaged.
As the father of five children I have learned to use the tone of my voice in a very wide range of ways (from loving, caring and supportive through to angry, indignant, frustrated and punitive!)
I'm a good and quick reader of all sorts of texts.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
To contact Jamie Thompson by email or phone, please click here.