deep baritone - middle-age/sr -long/short form-
• James Donaldson is registered with Voice123 since 2003-08-06.
• James Donaldson started his/her voice over career in 2000.
• Currently James Donaldson is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• James Donaldson was last active on Voice123 100 days ago
It's been called a sexy, deep, "bedroom" baritone. Primarily, middle age in measure and tone, but I can twist and turn it some if the spot calls for it. Can also spring from mellow read to hyperactive sports read. Professional, friendly, sincere, or impassioned interpretive reads for documentaries and audio books. Also, can pump it up for radio deejay style - authoritative, or conversational newscaster reads.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
New York, New York, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Best character voice is a toothless old-timer, prospector type; NFL in the style of John Facenda; and mystery in the style of Rod Serling of Twilight Zone. Fair Marlon Brando imitation, Cagney, Bogey, street thug, mafiosa, Bronx accent, Boston, India, a Hollywood-style Irishman, passable Latino, Brit in manic style of Monty Python. Also, a pampered, pseudo-aristocratic aging, vacuous preppie; bumpkin and various evil characters.
My Voice Experience
...includes years spent in NYC studios both as producer working daily with voice over artists - and voice acting myself as talent from promotional and spot reads to documentary or news features narration.
voicemail messages - local news promos - podcasting, cable promos - features - news reports - voiceover - anchorman
For the record, got a top rating from Peter Thomas - one of the top 3 voiceover actors in the business.
Ithaca College - TV/Radio.
Network & local radio & radio news.
Private study - w/Marla Kirban Assoc.
Voiceover nuances garnered from having produced VO actors for many years and serving a great variety of professional clients - using top voiceover guns from Alan Bleviss and Hal Douglas to the ubiquitous Bill St James.
My Studio Equipment
Shure SM7B mic
IMac OX 10-5-2 Leopard system
Garageband 3 - Audacity b/u
Bose Multi-media speaker system (Companion 2)
Can write and produce copy both for radio and tv (separate fee)
Again, full time writer/producer/anncr on spots as diverse as HBO & other cable promos, sweeps news promos and varied short form features and series, both news and entertainment, documentary long and short form.
Big history buff.
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact James Donaldson by email or phone, please click here.