Warm, melodious, fun dialect or cold, aristocratic
• Heather Skermer is registered with Voice123 since Sep 30, 2008.
• Heather Skermer started his/her voice over career in 2009.
• Currently Heather Skermer is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Heather Skermer was last active on Voice123 82 days ago
Warm, friendly, melodious, with overtones of humour if required. Lighter (higher register) for younger less serious narrations, deeper (lower register) for more dramatic or serious presentations.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Female
• Senior Female
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - British
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
My Home Base
Midhurst, United Kingdom
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
My "native" voice is RP English, exaggerated can sound a bit posh, in colder vein school-marmish or aristocratic,
Scots is a hint of over-the-Border accent, no particular region,
London, broadly produced resembles Cockney, with less "stretch" would be described as "off",
North Country, again a general rather than specific accent
My Voice Experience
I would hugely like to start somewhere in this field, as I feel I have a voice which is pleasant to listen to. This has been useful in presenting on Hospital Radio, and interviewing in an Oral History Project.
I have been accepted as a presenter on VibeTV, as the more "mature" voice, and as a "simulated patient" on the General Medical Council's language screening for doctors from oversees hoping to work in the UK
Most of my earlier experience was in general commerce, and it was only in the last 10 years that I became involved in professional theatre, joining a weekly repertory company where one was expected to do anything and everything thrown at one, both on and off stage. Fantastic training!I had always been involved in some branch of amateur theatre, which included touring Dartmoor in various Shakespeare productions, directing local theatre and being a Council member of the National Drama Festivals Association, where I initiated the inclusion of Youth teams. I am currently involved in encouraging drama, music, art input in the new local Festival taking place this summer, Midhurst Madfest.
My general education was science orientated, including 5 "O" levels and Psychology "A" Level.
My Studio Equipment
I regret that I do not have my own studio, but I have access to one which I could use. My knowledge in this sphere is limited until I know what is required.
I am particularly interested in the work related to those in need, such as the blind. This was why I became a presenter on Hospital Radio, where understanding of the "other person" is paramount.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Heather Skermer by email or phone, please click here.