warm, intelligent, sophisticated, fatherly
sophisticated for commercials; authoritative and intelligent for narrations; warm, kind, and fatherly for commercials and dramatic scenes; can play scientists, CIA spies, professors, priests/ministers, counselors, executives, and politicians. Very experienced performing Shakespeare, at ease speaking poetry and classical texts
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
• French - European
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
• SAG-AFTRA (US)
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I offer translation services
My Home Base
Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Speak fluent French (certificat from a French school)
Dialects in English: standard British, working class London, French, German, Arab, Scots, Irish
My Voice Experience
I am an experienced actor (SAG-AFTRA). I have recorded a variety of narrations for corporate clients, for both industrial films and live industrial shows. They say I am especially good for technical reads and difficult content.
I am the Narrator on the CD recording "Gaspard de la Nuit," piano solos by Tian Ying. I perform my own translation of the French originals.
I have recorded a variety of commercials and have even done several pre-show announcements for theatre productions.
I am an experienced stage actor (AEA member since 1973), having toured the country in Ella, the musical biography of Ella Fitzgerald, playing her manager, Norman Granz.
Ph.D., M.A., University of Minnesota
B.A., University of Redlands, California
workshops and classes, Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, Minnesota
My Studio Equipment
I do not have my own studio. However, I can make and export mp3 files on my computer (MacBook Pro, OS 10.11.3).
I retired from teaching acting and directing after thirty years at the University of Arizona School of Theatre Arts. I am now Distinguished Professor Emeritus. My students are now working in all aspects of the industry across the country, including on Broadway, in national tours, in films, on television, and in commercials.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I WILL ONLY ACCEPT UNION WORK, AND ALL JOBS MUST GO THROUGH MY AGENT - www.leightonagency.com, 480.704.8800
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Harold Dixon by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Harold Dixon is a Standard subscriber.
• Harold Dixon was last active on Voice123 15 days ago