Warm, Deep, Soothing, Storybook Teller
• Geoffrey Locke is registered with Voice123 since Feb 23, 2009.
• Geoffrey Locke started his/her voice over career in 2013.
• Currently Geoffrey Locke is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Geoffrey Locke was last active on Voice123 201 days ago
I can use a very spiking voice like an excited radio D.J. or I can do that same D.J. if he ran the overnight and played nothing but smooth jams. I can do a very warm, deep, and soothing voice for things like narrations and introductions, or very dramatic and intense like movie trailers. I have multi-tonal speech, from more common speech where my voice is at a more common tone, to a near Barry White level speaking very low. I can inject whatever might be needed, ranging from fun and upbeat to very serious and somber. My voice has been likened to Brad Garrett, a.k.a. Robert Barone on Everybody Loves Raymond, but with more range.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian
• English - British
• English - North American
• English - Other
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
My Home Base
Berlin, Connecticut, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have lived in the New England area for a while and can use the many dialects of the cities and states that surround me (i.e. Boston and the variations on the greater New York area), as well as a southern accent. Duplicating any of the "british" dialects and the various voices is usually not a problem for me either (i.e. Irish, Scottish, British, Aussie).
My Voice Experience
I have done narration, similar to what Ron Howard did on Arrested Development, for a Monty Python type of independent short film. I have also done voice overs for two commercials for CVC, a local public access TV station in Bolton, CT. Both of which were used to promote the station's production courses they offered.
I have a degree in Graphic Design from Paier College of Art. I have also spent hours upon hours at a radio station with a friend of mine that is a syndicated DJ at WCCC in Hartford, CT, just watching, listening, and learning from him in the booth. He always told me I really needed to get into doing voice over work. I had thought of going back to a specialized school for photography instead, and while attending the open house, after only a few sentences out of my mouth, the dean of the school stopped me and asked me why I wasn't doing voice over work. I then decided to purchase recording gear of my own and apply what my DJ friend taught me to start my career in voice overs.
My Studio Equipment
I own a high end Rode boom mic to get crystal clear audio, along with an Edirol 4 channel digital sound recorder. I use Adobe Soundbooth from CS5 to edit with, and record in a sound proof booth.
I may be new to this industry and not have a wealth of credits under my belt yet, but I know I have the talent, drive, and work ethic to succeed and delivery a quality product to anyone that wants to utilize me. I realize it isn't always the best idea to go with someone so new, but I know I can provide what you are looking for, and all the people who say I should be doing this for a living can't all be wrong.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Credit cards
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Geoffrey Locke by email or phone, please click here.