Guy Next Door, Funny, Smooth, Sexy, Versatile,
My voice has been described as being able to cross all economic levels, and of having a natural story telling style.
From: Upbeat, Informative, Recognisable, Warm, Funny, Sexy, Knowledgable, Natural, Authoritative, Dry, Rich & Smooth, Comical, Animated, Friendly, Credible, Versatile, Trustworthy, Corporate, Story Telling, The Guy Next Door.
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Adult content
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
• Jobs for SAG-AFTRA (US) signatories
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I have Phone Patch in my studio
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Edmonds, Washington, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
I have used a mild English accent for commercials, promos and characters over the years. Though primarily, I'm a north American voice talent.
Radio Concept Characters: I love writing concept copy, and then bringing the character to life on-air.
In more recent years, my voice has been described as chocolatey smooth, which works well for the breathy, sexy, theatrical sound, and as well for my characters.
Most of my character are based off the Saturday morning cartoons, that most of us grew up with...
My Voice Experience
Recording Engineer & Producer by trade. Though in the late 80's radio knocked on my door. I have worked for many station & networks, voiced thousands of commercials, promos and more.
In the early 90's is where I started exploring the voiceovers. While working for CBS in Seattle, in 2006 I started freelancing as a voiceover artist, producer and copy writer.
Since then I have produced over 6000 radio programs around the world.
A Certified Audio Engineer: worked as a sound man for many artist (Beach Boys, George Burns, the Association and more). Also Recording Engineer, with recording studios...
My schooling in radio, came from actually working in radio.
2 years into my radio career, I was working for the #1 Country station in Seattle, KMPS 94.1 AM/FM (On-Air & Production Director). I have since been on the air in Seattle, Killeen, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit and around the world (even a short stint on Satellite).
I have almost 4 decades in the Entertainment field, with recording and producing, twenty years in radio, and always during this time, freelancing on the side as a voice artist.
My Studio Equipment
Mackie: Mixing Board
Presonus: Studio Channel
Alesis: Outboard gear
M-Audio: Analog to Digital converter
Microphones: Blue, Rodes, RE20
Recording format: Adobe Audition
Unknown - Click here to ask Gary Hoskins
Payment Methods Accepted
Online Payments Via PayPal
To contact Gary Hoskins by email or phone, please click here.
• Currently Gary Hoskins is a Standard subscriber.
• Gary Hoskins was last active on Voice123 312 days ago