versatile, relaxed or radio, 20's and up, cool guy
• Garland Thompson is registered with Voice123 since Dec 04, 2005.
Garland Thompson does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Garland Thompson was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Garland Thompson started his/her voice over career in 1990.
• Currently Garland Thompson is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Garland Thompson does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Garland Thompson was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Can be: warm, sexy, fun, professional, and smooth. Can be a traditional "radio" voice, inclucing old time announcers. I have a very versatile voice, and can do different accents. Spanish is also available. As well as regional dialects. British is a specialty (cockney, Irish, & Scottish accents included). If I can hear it, I can do it. I can do cartoon characters from Animaniacs to Disney, and beyond. Sci Fi characters are also a passion. I grew up on Star Trek!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian / NZ
• English - British
• English - North American
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Monterey, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Russian, Australian, Spanish, Jamaican
My Voice Experience
I have been creating, mixing, recording, and producing audio since I was about 9 or 10. At around 7 years old I was given a small phonograph that played 33 1/3 & 45's.
I remember getting ahold of the single, "This Diamond Ring" by Gary Lewis & the Playboys
("This diamond ring doesn't shine for me anymore
And this diamond ring doesn't mean what it meant before..."). I used to play it over and over, and sing with it in my little Southern California bedroom. I also somehow got ahold of the original Broadway cast recording of "The Man of La Mancha" with Richard Kiley. I played that over and over as well. I remeber particulary liking Don Quixote's ode to his love, the song "Dulcinea".
Around my 10th birthday I got my first tape recorder, and haven't stopped yet. Since these beginnings I have gone on to do Radio, Theatre, Musical Theatre, Film, Television, Spoken Word, live performance of all kinds, and now Podcasting. VO work has been a constant for me, and continues to be a great love of mine. Doing cartoon characters especially!
Delaine Fraser of The Production Block, Austin, TX
Bill Sutherland, Acting Coach, Austin, TX
The Frank Silvera Writers Workshop, Inc, Harlem, NY
I have been doing Spoken Word/Poetry since 1990, running my own series, and Poetry Slams invarious cities around the USA. All the Theatre's I have worked for have continued to inform my work, and abilities, such as The NY Shakespeare Festival/Public Theatre, NYC, The Manhattan Theatre Club, NYC, The American Place Theatre, NYC, The New Federal Theatre, NYC, The Los Angeles Theatre Center, LA, & The Inner City Cultural Center, LA. I have done Public Radio as an Operations Manager for KAZU 90.3 FM in Monterey, CA and as guest on KCRW FM (LA), KUT FM (Austin), KUSP FM (Santa Cruz), KPIG-FM (Freedom, CA), and other radio stations.
My Studio Equipment
Mackie Mixer, G4 Powerbook, C1000S Mic
I have been a theatrical sound designer, and engineer for 25 years. As well as radio DJ, announcer, engineer and operations manager
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Garland Thompson by email or phone, please click here.