versatile, relaxed or radio, 20's and up, cool guy
• Garland Thompson is registered with Voice123 since 2005-12-04.
• Garland Thompson started his/her voice over career in 1990.
• Currently Garland Thompson is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
• Garland Thompson was last active on Voice123 268 days ago
Can be: warm, sexy, fun, professional, and smooth. Can be a traditional "radio" voice, inclucing old time announcers. I have a very versatile voice, and can do different accents. Spanish is also available. As well as regional dialects. British is a specialty (cockney, Irish, & Scottish accents included). If I can hear it, I can do it. I can do cartoon characters from Animaniacs to Disney, and beyond. Sci Fi characters are also a passion. I grew up on Star Trek!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Teenage Boy
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
• Senior Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - Australian
• English - British
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I will go to any designated studio in my area
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
• I can record and then deliver the files by regular mail
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I offer copywriting services
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I offer voice direction services
• I offer radio ad production services
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
Monterey, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
British, Russian, Australian, Spanish, Jamaican
My Voice Experience
I have been creating, mixing, recording, and producing audio since I was about 9 or 10. At around 7 years old I was given a small phonograph that played 33 1/3 & 45's.
I remember getting ahold of the single, "This Diamond Ring" by Gary Lewis & the Playboys
("This diamond ring doesn't shine for me anymore
And this diamond ring doesn't mean what it meant before..."). I used to play it over and over, and sing with it in my little Southern California bedroom. I also somehow got ahold of the original Broadway cast recording of "The Man of La Mancha" with Richard Kiley. I played that over and over as well. I remeber particulary liking Don Quixote's ode to his love, the song "Dulcinea".
Around my 10th birthday I got my first tape recorder, and haven't stopped yet. Since these beginnings I have gone on to do Radio, Theatre, Musical Theatre, Film, Television, Spoken Word, live performance of all kinds, and now Podcasting. VO work has been a constant for me, and continues to be a great love of mine. Doing cartoon characters especially!
Delaine Fraser of The Production Block, Austin, TX
Bill Sutherland, Acting Coach, Austin, TX
The Frank Silvera Writers Workshop, Inc, Harlem, NY
I have been doing Spoken Word/Poetry since 1990, running my own series, and Poetry Slams invarious cities around the USA. All the Theatre's I have worked for have continued to inform my work, and abilities, such as The NY Shakespeare Festival/Public Theatre, NYC, The Manhattan Theatre Club, NYC, The American Place Theatre, NYC, The New Federal Theatre, NYC, The Los Angeles Theatre Center, LA, & The Inner City Cultural Center, LA. I have done Public Radio as an Operations Manager for KAZU 90.3 FM in Monterey, CA and as guest on KCRW FM (LA), KUT FM (Austin), KUSP FM (Santa Cruz), KPIG-FM (Freedom, CA), and other radio stations.
My Studio Equipment
Mackie Mixer, G4 Powerbook, C1000S Mic
I have been a theatrical sound designer, and engineer for 25 years. As well as radio DJ, announcer, engineer and operations manager
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in any currency
• Wire transfers
To contact Garland Thompson by email or phone, please click here.