Low & Smooth; Warm & Animated; Big
• Josh Freedman is registered with Voice123 since 2007-11-20.
Josh Freedman does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time.
Josh Freedman was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
• Josh Freedman started his/her voice over career in 2007.
• Currently Josh Freedman is a Standard subscriber.
• Auditions and proposals submitted through Voice123 during the past six months: 0
Josh Freedman does not appear to be an active participant of the Voice123 marketplace at this time. Josh Freedman was last active on Voice123 more than 365 days ago, OR may not be receiving our email messages.
Warm, Deep, Animated, and Smooth (but can affect a vocal rasp); great for audio-books, radio ads and promos, voice-mail greetings, movie/video-game trailers. I am versatile and eclectic, but I enjoy doing "old school" delivery.
I KNOW I AM EXACTLY THE VOICE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!!
Voice Genders and "Ages" I Can Perform
• Young Adult Male
• Middle Age Male
Language(s) of Which I Am a Native Speaker:
• English - USA and Canada
I Offer my Services for these Recording Purposes
• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages
• Training, business presentations, sales, and web sites
• TV shows and movies
• Movie and game trailers
• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)
Jobs I Am Willing to Take (Union-wise)
• Non-Union Jobs
My Union Affiliations and Memberships
My Recording and Delivery Capabilities
• I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email
• I can record and then upload the audio files via FTP
Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer
• I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks
• I have a music library and can add music to any project
• I can add special effects to any project
My Home Base
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Accents, Impersonations, Characters and Dialects
Man with a bad head-cold, Californese, fake-Italian, fake-Russian, fake-German, Hawaiian Pidgin, nasally nerd, Bronxial-ish Attack, screechy old geezer, stoned Hair-Band Musician.
I can do a great Disneyland announcer! - (think: Matterhorn announcer, "Remain seated, please.")(old school)
My Super-Bright and Over-Articulated affectation can be fun; sort of Carlinesque.
Remember Ursula from The Little Mermaid??
I also do a pretty accurate Bullwinkle.
My Voice Experience
As part of preparation during a role-playing game we were involved in together before we got married in 1991, it was suggested that my wife read "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein, which I read aloud to her; I've been reading books aloud to her ever since.
My telephone voice has received numerous unsolicited compliments, and since I am a good reader, it seemed natural to utilize an inherent talent.
Majored in Theater for two semesters in college. Speech course specializing in clarity of dialect.
Took a Radio Broadcasting course for one semester.
High school Speech and Debate for a time.
Remembering watching "Laugh-In" with Gary Owens when I was a kid later became an inspiration to me - I got an opportunity to meet him once. My family were also members of the same synagogue attended by Dick Tufeld - another inspiring voice, to me.
My Studio Equipment
PC with Adobe Audition 3.0 software for recording/editing.
Studio recording mic.
I am an avid book reader, and have been from an very early age; as such, I have no difficulties with advanced vocabulary, and foreign names or dialect usually present no difficulties at all.
Payment Methods Accepted
• Personal checks, cashier's checks, or money orders in my local currency
To contact Josh Freedman by email or phone, please click here.