Author Posts

January 20, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Hi all,

For when you’ve got to record an audition on-the-go, and only have your phone, what’s the best app that can record you and save as or export to *MP3* ?

I just got my first smartphone and it comes with its own voice recorder, but it only saves in its proprietary “.3ga” format, and it’s not always possible to easily or quickly convert those to MP3s for audition-submission purposes.

Tips??

Thanks!

January 24, 2013 at 12:54 am

Honestly, I wouldn’t advise submitting any auditions done on a smartphone regardless of the situation. We’ve heard many auditions done this way and often they don’t sound too good.

It might be different if you are simply trying to convey your abilities as a voice actor (interpretation/delivery/performance). But, unless you’ve worked previously with a voice seeker, they will normally assume the audio they hear for the audition is the best you’re capable of. NOTE: Even if you clearly state that you are simply auditioning from a smartphone in your comments, our research has shown that few seekers will click on the box to see your comments if they don’t immediately like what they hear.

January 27, 2013 at 2:00 am

iOS based TwistedWave works awesomely. I have submitted many an audition via my iPhone. Won one too.

February 24, 2013 at 7:14 pm

It’s been a while since I visited the forums and saw this as I was also interested…more for my tablet than my actual Android phone.

A company called eXtream Software Development has created USB Audio Recorder Pro. They have a free trial version, with the “full version” running $4.60.

Here’s the Play Store link

Here’s a link to their support page with the Mics and Android devices that they have tested to work.
http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/

The same company also makes multi-track recording software for Android. It runs about $7.

I am definitely going to give this a try as I occasionally travel and hate missing out on auditioning for projects for which I’m “suited”.

January 6, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I think that sometimes the Mobile Recorder 24 can help u

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar of vondes kindes vondes kindes.