Author Posts

August 26, 2016 at 2:18 pm

Hi all, I’m wondering what the average number of daily invitations generated by SmartCast is.

The morning after I signed up for Premium I had literally 30 invitations in my box.  I deleted about half of them since I didn’t quite fit the profile and sent auditions to a dozen or so.  Picking and choosing the jobs I thought I was a potential match for.  But in the two days since then I haven’t received a single invitation from SmartCast.  Has there really just been no new jobs posted?  Or have I offended the algorithm somehow?

Any ideas???

August 30, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Hi, Adam.  I had the same experience when I started my premium membership a few months ago, my e-mail inbox suddenly had a plethora of Smart Cast invitations each day.

Not sure why you haven’t had them since.  Did you radically change your V123 profile after the first day?  For the most part, I still get plenty of invitations each day, although quite a few of them are reminders, which I like to check out.  I had one two-day stretch where I only got a few, but then it resumed to the normal flow.

You may want to send a Help request to the Voice123 staff and ask about your account, they should be able to figure out why.

You are absolutely correct about having to filter through the invitations to look for the ones best suited for you.  Good luck, I hope you get the invites coming back in!

Joe “Zunardo” Jankowski

August 30, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Hey Joe, thanks for the reply!

I finally got a response yesterday from customer service that basically said I had auditioned for too many projects too quickly.  Apparently I had sent in 500% more auditions than comparable accounts.  I guess you’re not supposed to audition for more than 3 a day.  She said that the stats reset after a week, so hopefully tomorrow I will start to receive invitations again.

Ahh the learning curve of a new website!

-A

April 23, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Can you tell me how to prevent smart cast from sending me $100 jobs? Is there a filter for that?

Thank you!

April 25, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Hi, Michael.  When logged in, go to My Profile.  Look at lower right, second item from the bottom should say My Settings – click on that, and the first item you see should be the budget settings.  Type in the minimum dollar amount you want to be considered for, click on Save at the bottom, and that should eliminate the lower-paying jobs from showing up in your invitations.

BTW, I really like your demos, that’s some killer stuff.  Take care!

Joe “Zunardo” Jankowski               JoeKatVoiceover@gmail.com