Author Posts

April 24, 2017 at 9:06 am

hi, I’m new and would like some feedback on my demo, my profile is http://voice123.com/jaysonwebb

also, I got some emails saying “ <span style=”background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px;”>Check it out! A Voice123 project that matches your voice was just posted” </span>

does that mean someone listened to my demo to “match” me with those projects?

tyvm

April 28, 2017 at 2:46 am

Hi, Jay.  Re your question on the email, the short answer is “no”.  I looked at your profile, you appear to have a Standard membership, which is free.  The email you got is telling you that a project (job) came up in SmartCast that is a close fit in its requirements to your profile, even though you as a Standard member cannot audition for it.  It is basically an up-selling suggestion from Voice123, telling you that if you purchase a Premium membership ($399 for one year), you could audition for that project.

Re your demo, I would recommend you meet with a VO coach or professional local studio to record a new demo – it should be approx 60 seconds, feature a broad range of 5 to 7 products/services, and should have you showing some different voice styles – a bit of range .  Example, it could have a soft drink ad, banking service, computer or video game, law firm, etc.  The coach or studio can direct you, and produce with music and effects as appropriate for the absolute best sound.  You want this to be your calling card that showcases your ability to the max.

I hope this helps answer your questions.  Feel free to shoot me an email anytime you want to chat, and best of luck!

Joe “Zunardo” Jankowski       JoeKatVoiceover@gmail.com