Author Posts

March 22, 2017 at 12:37 pm

I’m really new to this, I’ve been in media for 4 years now but just fully diving into voice over how do I make myself more appealing, also any tips on my demos.

March 22, 2017 at 5:26 pm

Hi, Miz Simone,

Congratulations on your decision to pursue voiceover!  As someone who took the plunge 13 months ago, I’ll give a few things to consider, if you haven’t thought of them already:

1. Find a reputable voiceover coach and training program.

1a. Work with your coach and/or a studio professional to produce your demos – a significant investment, but worth it.  Your commercial demo should be 50-60 seconds long, with 6 to 7 segments (products) that show off your voice in a range of styles.

2. Scour the Internet, lots of websites and YouTube videos to learn from when it comes to voice training and technique, but don’t neglect #1.

3. Follow the trends as to what voice types are most marketable.  “Conversational” seems to be one of the buzzwords you hear frequently.

I hope this helps and will give you some idea of how to go about it.  And this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Best of luck in your chosen endeavor!  Feel free to e-mail me anytime if you want to discuss further.  And don’t forget to let us know on here how you are progressing.  Take care.

Joe “Zunardo” Jankowski        JoeKatVoiceover@gmail.com