Author Posts

June 17, 2014 at 12:56 am

I plan on recording a few more demos for my profile page but would like some feedback on my current demo first. Currently I have a commercial demo only.  Here is my profile page.

Any help would be appreciated.

I did the music and sound effects as well so feel free to comment on those too.

Thanks.

June 22, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Thomas,

Great sounding voice and your productions skills are good, but this isn’t a professional demo.

You can use each of those clips in full as individual demos for specific genres, but for your all-around professional demo, consult a pro.

Your first clip ran nearly 30 seconds and you should have had 2-3 different clips in that same amount of time, each very different from the last.

Commercial demo reels are supposed to grab attention, deliver a taste of your best, and move on to the next segment. That’s why folks like Nancy Wolfson and Chuck Duran and some of the leaders in the industry when it comes to producing outstanding demos.

Your money would be well spent with either of them, and in the unlikely event that there’s something you need that they can’t offer, they’ll refer you to someone who can.

I’m saving myself to have professional demos done in the near future, and you can guess whose doors I’ll be knocking depending upon the genre.

Do yourself a favor, you’ve got the pipes, make sure your training is up to snuff, and get with one of the Industry Go-To Names for your demo production!

Best Regards,

Marc Schwartz

MarcSchwartz.Voice123.com

January 7, 2017 at 10:21 am

It is a little bit great, though for newbie, that is normal and there are lots of room for you to improve and certainly your hard-work will pay someday. Creation wise, good but certainly an amateur presentation. I suggest that you get an improv lesson or a training workshops in order for you to enhance and improve you skills in this field, at the same time be professionally trained. You can try it here http://smartleesecreative.com/, for the improvisation program.